Wisconsin Football: The good, the bad, & the ugly vs. Michigan

It's been Barrys program even when he got elevated to AD. The dynamics of that are complicated. Now how much of the resource and financial resource issues are from Blank who knows.
Empire building or clan. In this case, that's exactly what it is. Barry is quite possibly the cause of where it stands today.

Remember the words of the immortal Bum Phillips; "Coaches are hired to be fired. You just don't know when."

It's either that, or move on, up, or down. It's all based on what that won/lost column shows, or how much you rub people above you the wrong way, that decides for you.

I think we can identify what the top athletes want from a school. It's not uniforms, stadiums, or academics. It's how well they can progress towards becoming a pro athlete. Which schools make that route easier, and can offer better training in the sport.

I just can't get behind the idea that the Jack Armstrong, American Boy, image is really what it's all about today. There are some going for the education, but it's not the dominating numbers we'd like to believe.

Wisconsin tries to sell that image, while schools like Penn State and Baylor move on, and become big time players, because nobody seems to give a rat's rear about that Sunday school bit.
Gets down to how you sell it, each kid is unique and you have to read the room, both kid and his family. It not one size fits all and the transfer portal proves that out

And since when is Baylor a big time player? Count in the league now is 29-16 in favor of UW on NFL rosters.

Gets down to how you sell it, each kid is unique and you have to read the room, both kid and his family. It not one size fits all and the transfer portal proves that out

And since when is Baylor a big time player? Count in the league now is 29-16 in favor of UW on NFL rosters.
You realize they're just starting back from huge restrictions?

Empire building or clan. In this case, that's exactly what it is. Barry is quite possibly the cause of where it stands today.

Remember the words of the immortal Bum Phillips; "Coaches are hired to be fired. You just don't know when."

It's either that, or move on, up, or down. It's all based on what that won/lost column shows, or how much you rub people above you the wrong way, that decides for you.
In pro ball yes, college ball not so much. You can build a 25 year legacy in D1 ball just by making the alum happy and go to bowl games, the landscape is littered with that now and 25 years ago. About the only exception is some SEC schools but even with than Dan Mullen can stay as long as he wants as long as he maintains what hes got

You realize they're just starting back from huge restrictions?
Prior to the restrictions they were not a major player. Briles was only 65-37 over 8 years with only 2 Big 12 Titles. Prior to that last title was 1994. Not a knock on them, Waco is no garden spot and facilities were a mess

not that simple anymore.... it's all about how they sell it. And to Packs point, you have to have the resources to sell to a wide variety of kids and often. UW just doesn't get it.
Come to UW you can go cow tipping!

It's been Barrys program even when he got elevated to AD. The dynamics of that are complicated. Now how much of the resource and financial resource issues are from Blank who knows.
Yep look at GA wanted to make changes and told no way

Kids have different reasons to commit, some like the flashy uniforms or stadium or academics, some just want a new experience. its not a broad brush
Yep but seems UW never can get those kids other bid programs get so they are doing something different

By the way. I knew what I went to school for. Education finished in 4th place. It took me two go-rounds to get it done, the second after I was married, and had 3 kids. Sometimes priorities are different when you're a kid.
Was girls #1? LOL

• Cheers
Reactions: TW
Back