Wisconsin Football: The good, the bad, & the ugly vs. Michigan

Does it not start with more of the donors who say ok we are getting to bowl games we are happy and dont' demand change?
No because I believe most boosters understand the imitations and challenges. The issue is the administration (football) is complacent and does not challenge Blank and push the envelope. Now will it help? Honestly doubtful. But until we get away from the “comfortable “ hire we wont know. The interview is damming but guess what? Not many feathers got ruffled

It’s damning yes. More an indictment that it’s more “well that’s the way we always do it” mentality. And it starts with the AD
And that spells culture. It's part of the inherent problem that exists. The outreach in recruiting is restricted, and put on a short leash financially.

When there's a kid out in Arizona who has the tools you need in your program, but you only have enough money in the system to make a stop at Madison East to visit with a kid who is a decent talent, but not a great fit..... guess what happens?

And that spells culture. It's part of the inherent problem that exists. The outreach in recruiting is restricted, and put on a short leash financially.

When there's a kid out in Arizona who has the tools you need in your program, but you only have enough money in the system to make a stop at Madison East to visit with a kid who is a decent talent, but not a great fit..... guess what happens?
Get your thumb out ans start hitching a ride to AZ? LOL

• Haha
Reactions: TW

And that culture problem is in the administrative part not the on field part. It’s not just the financial part. One line struck me
There was a level of complacency, a level of comfort with what was being done.

Thats not financial. It’s deeper. That’s on the AD

And that culture problem is in the administrative part not the on field part. It’s not just the financial part. One line struck me
There was a level of complacency, a level of comfort with what was being done.

Thats not financial. It’s deeper. That’s on the AD
Finances have a great deal to do with culture. If you don't have enough money to hire an F. Lee Bailey type to defend you in court, you can opt for a Public Defender. Guess which one will try his darnedest to get you off, and which one will try to get you to accept a plea deal, because he's overworked?

The complacency of doing well, and never being under the gun about your results across the board in sports is the ultimate goal of most ADs. Alvarez filled that requirement, at the cost of the overall advancement of the program from the level he'd inherited it. It's time that "comfort zone" is set aside, and changes that can get the program into the 21st century start.

I'm not in the slightest bit invested in believing that was the intent, when they replaced Alvarez. I think they figured this to be another person who would maintain the status quo.

Finances have a great deal to do with culture. If you don't have enough money to hire an F. Lee Bailey type to defend you in court, you can opt for a Public Defender. Guess which one will try his darnedest to get you off, and which one will try to get you to accept a plea deal, because he's overworked?

The complacency of doing well, and never being under the gun about your results across the board in sports is the ultimate goal of most ADs. Alvarez filled that requirement, at the cost of the overall advancement of the program from the level he'd inherited it. It's time that "comfort zone" is set aside, and changes that can get the program into the 21st century start.

I'm not in the slightest bit invested in believing that was the intent, when they replaced Alvarez. I think they figured this to be another person who would maintain the status quo.
Seems the hire though for Barry could be a yes man to Barry in case he tries to tell him what to do?

I get that but I don’t have any expectations that this program can be OSU or PSU. So many clear disadvantages. The CFP have made things clear. There is a parity problem in college football. Even this year. 2 spots are booked, Bama & Georgia. As much as I like Campbell as a coach what has ISU done with a vet roster. You hit a plateau. Not sure what the answer is. It’s bey coaching

Seems the hire though for Barry could be a yes man to Barry in case he tries to tell him what to do?
i don’t trust McIntosh but that’s a different discussion on multiple levels.

I get that but I don’t have any expectations that this program can be OSU or PSU. So many clear disadvantages. The CFP have made things clear. There is a parity problem in college football. Even this year. 2 spots are booked, Bama & Georgia. As much as I like Campbell as a coach what has ISU done with a vet roster. You hit a plateau. Not sure what the answer is. It’s bey coaching
Badgers will never be OSU unless they are willing to change the way to recruit and admissions will never be able to be like that.

Back