Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
This can't be sitting very well with Murph and Ball. The curtain is kind of being pulled back and exposing them a little. We'll see how that affects things going forward. Their reputation may be taking a little hit. I wonder if anyone else will jump on this and dig a hit deeper into the power structure of the FO?
That would be a hindrance to Rodgers cause, you can only take potshots at that structure so long before it forces a reaction.

here is three minutes of wtf? schefter admits flat out that there was no source for his "breaking news", and that it was all speculation based on stuff that he observed. and that the story could have ben released any time, but he chose to release it on the eve of the draft.

here is three minutes of wtf? schefter admits flat out that there was no source for his "breaking news", and that it was all speculation based on stuff that he observed. and that the story could have ben released any time, but he chose to release it on the eve of the draft.

Let me clarify this in very simplistic terms....... IT DOESN'T MATTER. There IS a rift between the Packers and Rodgers, it has been brewing for a long time. How it got out and the timing is inconsequential at this point.

Yep and draft night was perfect night for them to come out with it because of all the eyes watching. Everyone was watching so you can get it talked about the most. If I was the NFL I would have been pissed though because it did take away from the NFL itself and instead of the focus on the draft a lot was on Favre.
The NFL was pissing in its pants with excitement. The league MVP wanting out of GB. What a better way to have another story about the league featuring your MVP to extend the news cycle. Remember Jerry Jones quote “we like controversy”. And this story extends into the dead period? Oh that’s NFL gold

You think it was his decision alone to break the story ? 3 words. Not A Chance

Probably but man if I were a team interested in trading for Rodgers I would look into what kind of diva he is and see all the stuff you would have to do so he does not get pissed and say I want out also there. It's Lord Rodgers way or no way.
Look into ? It’s probably common knowledge league wide. There are very few secrets in the shield

Let me clarify this in very simplistic terms....... IT DOESN'T MATTER. There IS a rift between the Packers and Rodgers, it has been brewing for a long time. How it got out and the timing is inconsequential at this point.
My point into the whole thing Mark, was that Shefter was sketchy in how he broke it. Come on man, I get your point, but when you break it and say sources told ESPN, yet you go on an interview and divulge you had no source, just an accumulation of what you heard, that is fishy to me. That is intellectual dishonesty at it's finest.

Again, I'm not disputing that there is issues. Not at all. I'm disputing that Schefter misrepresented himself, admitted such in an interview, and people are singing his praises like he's the best journalist on earth because it aligns with a certain viewpoint. It was shady, imo, on his part.

I promise that'll be the last I say on it. It was shady to me that he is getting a free pass.

Last edited:
One thing about this is the relationship between ESPN/Disney and the NFL. ……Disney crawled on its hands and knees during the last TV deal negotiations to get MNF to ABC for some games , a spot in the Super Bowl rotation and probably one of the top 2 contenders for Sunday Ticket. They value the relationship with the league like Wisconsin people value beer and brats. Considering the profile of the draft I would not be surprised if ESPN gave NFL PR a heads up on this “breaking news”. And if the league would have told them to hold the story till post draft they would have. No chance they damage a relationship that’s took them years to build.

One thing about this is the relationship between ESPN/Disney and the NFL. ……Disney crawled on its hands and knees during the last TV deal negotiations to get MNF to ABC for some games , a spot in the Super Bowl rotation and probably one of the top 2 contenders for Sunday Ticket. They value the relationship with the league like Wisconsin people value beer and brats. Considering the profile of the draft I would not be surprised if ESPN gave NFL PR a heads up on this “breaking news”. And if the league would have told them to hold the story till post draft they would have. No chance they damage a relationship that’s took them years to build.

We're giving Schefter too much credit here. He never even had a source but he made it out to seem like he did. Now we're getting into some cloak and dagger stuff where the NFL and Disney are now consulting each other about when to break stories. This is some good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back