Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point into the whole thing Mark, was that Shefter was sketchy in how he broke it. Come on man, I get your point, but when you break it and say sources told ESPN, yet you go on an interview and divulge you had no source, just an accumulation of what you heard, that is fishy to me. That is intellectual dishonesty at it's finest.

Again, I'm not disputing that their is issues. Not at all. I'm disputing that Schefter misrepresented himself, admitted such in an interview, and people are singing his praises like he's the best journalist on earth because it aligns with a certain viewpoint. It was shady, imo, on his part.
For the 95th time he was not the one who gave the final ok to run with it. Where did he hear this “accumulation”? Let me take a guess. League sources. Not some janitor at JFK Airport. It’s semantics. No chance he puts his career in the line. ESPN is known to fire folks at the drop of a dime if it hurts the brand.

We're giving Schefter too much credit here. He never even had a source but he made it out to seem like he did. Now we're getting into some cloak and dagger stuff where the NFL and Disney are now consulting each other about when to break stories. This is some good stuff.
If you don’t think this stuff is communicated your being naive. Where did he hear this accumulation of info from ? I’m not giving anyone credit. It’s how the business works.

For the 95th time he was not the one who gave the final ok to run with it. Where did he hear this “accumulation”? Let me take a guess. League sources. Not some janitor at JFK Airport. It’s semantics. No chance he puts his career in the line. ESPN is known to fire folks at the drop of a dime if it hurts the brand.
For the 95th time, you telling me the same thing over and over again doesn't make you right and me wrong. Same with Schefter. Does he have to let his bosses know who his league sources are? I can say I have sources too right?

I understand where you're coming from. It's comical at this point. I respect your viewpoints. I'm just not into giving people a free pass so easily.

We're giving Schefter too much credit here. He never even had a source but he made it out to seem like he did. Now we're getting into some cloak and dagger stuff where the NFL and Disney are now consulting each other about when to break stories. This is some good stuff.
You don’t think Fox or CNN give the White House or politicians a heads up before a story breaks asking for comment before it breaks? Yeah they do

For the 95th time, you telling me the same thing over and over again doesn't make you right and me wrong. Same with Schefter. Does he have to let his bosses know who his league sources are? I can say I have sources too right?

I understand where you're coming from. It's comical at this point. I respect your viewpoints. I'm just not into giving people a free pass so easily.
Yes his bosses are well aware who his sources are. Schefter did nothing wrong here.

You don’t think Fox or CNN give the White House or politicians a heads up before a story breaks asking for comment before it breaks? Yeah they do

Giving a heads up and asking for comments is totally different than the NFL quashing them and telling them to hold it.

Funny thing is we have heard little to nothing about Rodgers and Murphy how those two get along it's all been Gute and ball

Let me clarify this in very simplistic terms....... IT DOESN'T MATTER. There IS a rift between the Packers and Rodgers, it has been brewing for a long time. How it got out and the timing is inconsequential at this point.
Plain and simple only way to fix any kid of rift between GB and Rodgers would be at this point to undo the who front office power structure and it will be a cold day in heck before that happens.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." Ecclesiastes 3.

It may well be time for Rodgers to ride into the Western sunset.

If he does, it won't bother me in the slightest. I've watched guys play QB in GB who should have had their hands slapped for even touching a ball. Despite 13 championships, I'm still used to seeing decades of dry wells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back