Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a broad brush assumption on your part ie winning...I say it for the hundredth time...If you do NOT win another SB doing this the franchise failed and probably goes into a hole. The truth is that what they are doing is risky as hell....
Risk / Reward I get it. Clearly they thought #10 was not going to be the best option and no matter what this roster probably gets reset in 2-3 anyway maybe sooner. So take your medicine either way. Take one last shot with 12 and see how deep you go or start #10 which your pretty certain your not making a deep run. I’m trying to take the emotional part out and look at it from a different perspective

Risk / Reward I get it. Clearly they thought #10 was not going to be the best option and no matter what this roster probably gets reset in 2-3 anyway maybe sooner. So take your medicine either way. Take one last shot with 12 and see how deep you go or start #10 which your pretty certain your not making a deep run. I’m trying to take the emotional part out and look at it from a different perspective
See there is where you are wrong, it's not emotion it is experience. I've seen how these kinds of poor decisions have crippled teams in different sports at different levels. imho(

See there is where you are wrong, it's not emotion it is experience. I've seen how these kinds of poor decisions have crippled teams in different sports at different levels. imho(
And Pro sports , football to be exact have some guardrails like salary caps to allow teams to not reset a roster and not take decades to rebuild.

I get the business part of what they did. They can compete at a high level and have a shot to go deep. Winning a Lombardi is a crap shoot once your make the tournament. Rodgers gets you there, Love probably does not

And Pro sports , football to be exact have some guardrails like salary caps to allow teams to not reset a roster and not take decades to rebuild.

I get the business part of what they did. They can compete at a high level and have a shot to go deep. Winning a Lombardi is a crap shoot once your make the tournament. Rodgers gets you there, Love probably does not
Since you opened the door....when in the past decade has Aaron Rodgers won a SB ? He hasn't. Wins games, yes but nope big fat NO on winning a SB.

Since you opened the door....when in the past decade has Aaron Rodgers won a SB ? He hasn't. Wins games, yes but nope big fat NO on winning a SB.
I get it. But 10 probably does not make the tournament. Pick your poison since either way in 2 years your probably going to reset this roster. Jones is probably out next year, Bak could easily be a cap cut in 12 months. It’s not like there is talent waiting.

This contract is disgusting. One cracked collarbone away from complete irrelevance. Give me the haul of picks and young players any day. As someone who has been pro Guty all along it’s time to fire Guty for this irresponsible commitment.

So yay they got back a QB who lays eggs in the playoffs at home.

Secondly, this leaves no room for FA at all. So doesn't that mean if they lose a starter or two mid season they have no room for decent replacements??

AR’s contract doesn’t look to be team friendly and structured for a player focused on winning the SB. It looks like someone who is playing out the cycle and getting everything they can.

Also FYI, Mark has assigned me to be the head mod in the Packers section, those of you who want to patronize others for not being head over heels in love with Rodgers should perhaps be advised that that dog no longer hunts here.... consider yourselves forewarned as of today.

So yay they got back a QB who lays eggs in the playoffs at home.

Secondly, this leaves no room for FA at all. So doesn't that mean if they lose a starter or two mid season they have no room for decent replacements??
Correct, keep in mind covid protocols are gone. No extra PS etc. Injuries this year are going to leave teams extra short...your depth has to come from the 53 and a regular PS.

Correct, keep in mind covid protocols are gone. No extra PS etc. Injuries this year are going to leave teams extra short...your depth has to come from the 53 and a regular PS.
And seeing as Gutey has not shown any skill at finding good depth.....boom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back