Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negotiations are not forced. He had leverage and used it. The organization had a choice to make let him walk or pay the bill. And no I’m not sure the Denver trade was a option. I personally think they had Wilson targeted and Dunn / Rodgers knew it
GB could have and should have said sorry that's to much do you choose to retire or be traded.

GB could have and should have said sorry that's to much do you choose to retire or be traded.
And again I don’t believe a trade was an option. Either way your taking cap hit, now or 3 years from now. Clearly the organization wanted to be competitive and have a shot and #10 they did not feel gives them that. That’s fine. The structure gives them some flexibility on the back end. Personally I don’t like the guy but I get the business side risk / reward. It’s not a simple answer

And again I don’t believe a trade was an option. Either way your taking cap hit, now or 3 years from now. Clearly the organization wanted to be competitive and have a shot and #10 they did not feel gives them that. That’s fine. The structure gives them some flexibility on the back end. Personally I don’t like the guy but I get the business side risk / reward. It’s not a simple answer
Still bending over giving Rodgers everything he wanted bad bussines choice

Still bending over giving Rodgers everything he wanted bad bussines choice
I don’t think winning is bad business. Again I get why they did it and that’s with taking all my emotion out. They think 12 them a better chance at winning than 10. That’s not really debatable. I get the risk on the back end but either way your going to reset the roster now or 3 years from now. Doubtful you have Jones here next year, maybe not Bak. That’s regardless of what they did today

Sellouts. How bad is Jordan Love if they gave him this much leverage? Bend over and grab your ankles.

"Pelissero noted that Rodgers' new contract includes an obscenely large dead cap hit if Rodgers retires or the Packers get rid of him after the 2023 season."

If we trade him after '22, we'd still get crushed, because I think there's a pro-rated signing bonus. Wow.
Screenshot_20220315-151200_Twitter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back