Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not completely irrelevant. because there are a lot of people who are saying rodgers doesn't have a voice in management decisions because "that's not the packers way". and yet many of those same people say that it was rodgers who made (or forced) the decision to fire mccarthy. mccarthy was fired because he's just not a very good head coach. and he proved that last year in dallas.
First of all I’m not going to judge McCarthy and Dallas in 1 year with a shell of a team. Maybe it’s a reach to say he got him canned but he clearly did not have a warm relationship with the man and there were other factors involved. McCarthy is gone because he became stale just like Tomlin just like Rivera. No coach is forever in pro football

... i see no reason to start casting aspersions on rodgers' role as a teammate. tonyan is not the only one who has said things like this in the past...
Yes, he treated Tonyan wonderfully! However, my perception has been that if Rodgers likes you, you're golden! If not, you're screwed. Off the field and on.

If Rodgers treats every new offensive player like he treated Tonyan (as leader of the offense) then that is awesome! However, if he only treats those he likes like that, that creates serious issues because it causes actual or perceived partiality or unfairness, which affects the integrity and cohesiveness of a unit.

I've often wondered if that wasn't part of the case with Jordy and even Kumerow.

He knows the organization he plays for. He was there when Favre tried twisting arms. Again, Rodgers KNOWS the organization he plays for. The Buddhist part of him that likes to speak out on talk radio and podcasts should know that the reason people are unhappy is because of dukkha, the craving or yearning of things to be different than they are, rather than accept reality as it is. If he convinced himself that he would be the exception to the rule, that they would do things differently for him but not others.... well, that's his own fault.
That’s valid and fair.

but to your comment on Brady, new team and offense what was different in GB? New system by ML, green WR with limited experience sans 17. Why not reach out and get ahead of the curve
rodgers had the benefit of a full offseason program of otas and training camp with ml and the new offense. brady did not - due to covid. apples and oranges.

rodgers had the benefit of a full offseason program of otas and training camp with ml and the new offense. brady did not - due to covid. apples and oranges.
Valid. I’ve never been a fan of Rodgers off the filed and this drama does nothing to change that perception

I’m not going there sorry. Again I’m not in his camp but at this point everyone has an opinion, note the words he used
They are very good friends. Have been for a very long time. I'm not insinuating they have had a conversation on the subject but they are very good friends. I know this.

All of this could have been avoided by FO even with drafting Love had they done a simple thing of either talking to AR before or right after making the pick.
Stop right there.... They don't owe him any kind of explanation. This whole narrative catering to his needs doesn't hunt here. I am dead serious.

Who's to say the team does not take input from #12 but he just throws a hissy fit when they don't follow his advice?

I see this more on Rodgers then the team. Rodgers seems himself as the GBP without him there is no team so he thinks since the team runs thru him he should be able to tell the team who he wants around him and when they don't listen to him that's one of his personal grudges he loves to hold against people.

Outside perspective.

Went to lunch up the street for Q , The big "tree" table was full of FB dudes, 2 former pro players(1 that coaches here), and a coach that used to be on staff in Carolina.... ton of HS/ college coaches/players. It's a hangout and you can catch this group together probably twice a month maybe... I got a snoot full of Rodgers and Packer ribbing from them. (Shouldn't have worn the packer hat)

The "outside " the packer circle thinks this is funny as hell but not one of them thought it was going to end well unless Aaron gets everything he wants and a guarantee. They also think Aaron comes off as a dick by doing it the way he has( their words not mine).

The positive on this is the owner felt bad and threw in my drink for free. Q was tops as always bbq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back