Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
not even rodgers would expect them to do whatever he says. but it is clear that they never included him on any discussions before the fact. sure, gute will listen to him after the fact. what good is that? the response would always be "okay, yeah. but it's already a done deal".
What did they do though that was so questionable? To him I mean. For example, trading up and drafting Jordan Love was a really bad football move, but for Aaron why be so threatened by it? The guy stinks. He's not a threat. Why does he care? Be above it, come on. Same thing with Kumerow or whatever, who TF cares? I wish Rodgers actually believed 3/4 of the shit that comes out of his mouth in public but he obviously doesn't.

not even rodgers would expect them to do whatever he says. but it is clear that they never included him on any discussions before the fact. sure, gute will listen to him after the fact. what good is that? the response would always be "okay, yeah. but it's already a done deal".
I’m going to hedge a bit, don’t think it crystal clear that he was not involved. Could be he was not involved enough to his liking. Could be his perception was it was not enough

I think this is a issue it does seem Rodgers outside of a few guys on the team who he is very close to seems very aloof to the rest of his teammates and when it's the off-season he's gone and won't be heard from unless it is with those few players he is close too.
I didn’t get that impression from the open letter to Packer fans that Tonyan posted a while back.
Tonyan said his first day in the building Rodgers came up to him and intro’d himself.

And let’s be honest here. Gute does not control the input stuff or lines of communication. That’s Mark Murphy, it’s why he wants everything reported to him. If Murphy says don’t listen to Rodgers guess what, he’s not listening.

I didn’t get that impression from the open letter to Packer fans that Tonyan posted a while back.
Tonyan said his first day in the building Rodgers came up to him and intro’d himself.
Well that’s so generous of him to say hello. Sorry not being sarcastic, might have been the last interaction he had with him. Im waiting for next time QB1 gets together in the off season with MVS & Lazard and ESB to work on timing and trust and bond…..yeah that part was sarcastic

Well that’s so generous of him to say hello. Sorry not being sarcastic, might have been the last interaction he had with him. Im waiting for next time QB1 gets together in the off season with MVS & Lazard and ESB to work on timing and trust and bond…..yeah that part was sarcastic
This is one of the reasons I hate the "draft a WR for Rodgers!" media narrative. Rodgers hates rookie receives. He spent one camp screaming at these guys for not knowing their stuff yet. Whether he's right or wrong, he doesn't exactly have patience with others.

Well that’s so generous of him to say hello. Sorry not being sarcastic, might have been the last interaction he had with him.

not the case.

"Looking back on it, it really does seem to me like maybe Aaron saw something in me that day because from then on he’s held me to an extremely high standard. He wouldn’t let even the tiniest mistakes slide. He’d explain things to me and coach me up, but he’d also get legit mad when I screwed up.

And to me, I always took that as such a compliment. It was like, Hey man, this guy really cares about you and wants you to reach your full potential.

Every single day I’ve been a Packer, Aaron has pushed me and helped me get better. And as a result a good friendship has developed that I think is paying dividends on the field. You go the extra mile for the people you truly care about, and that’s what it’s become with Aaron and me, for sure.

And, honestly, the more I think about it, it’s like that with literally everyone on this team right now. The support and trust and love we show for one another really is off the charts. We’re all on the same page. And that’s one of the things that I believe makes this team truly special and ready for these playoffs."

This is one of the reasons I hate the "draft a WR for Rodgers!" media narrative. Rodgers hates rookie receives. He spent one camp screaming at these guys for not knowing their stuff yet. Whether he's right or wrong, he doesn't exactly have patience with others.
Yeah I remember the one WR who messed up a route after getting a flashcard Rodgers was pissed at him.

not the case.

"Looking back on it, it really does seem to me like maybe Aaron saw something in me that day because from then on he’s held me to an extremely high standard. He wouldn’t let even the tiniest mistakes slide. He’d explain things to me and coach me up, but he’d also get legit mad when I screwed up.

And to me, I always took that as such a compliment. It was like, Hey man, this guy really cares about you and wants you to reach your full potential.

Every single day I’ve been a Packer, Aaron has pushed me and helped me get better. And as a result a good friendship has developed that I think is paying dividends on the field. You go the extra mile for the people you truly care about, and that’s what it’s become with Aaron and me, for sure.

And, honestly, the more I think about it, it’s like that with literally everyone on this team right now. The support and trust and love we show for one another really is off the charts. We’re all on the same page. And that’s one of the things that I believe makes this team truly special and ready for these playoffs."
U rah rah …go team go. Gives me the warm fuzzies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back