Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've always loved the way you react when someone provides direct proof that you were incorrect.
I said it “might” have been, sorry if my opinion does not fit the narrative that Rodgers is a model teammate.

i've always loved the way you react when someone provides direct proof that you were incorrect.
I know you think Gute is incompetent and I’m not his biggest fan either, but QB1 is also a big issues in this quagmire

Both sides to blame we have a FO that's scouting dept is weak and thus the GM makes poor choices but we also have a diva QB who acts like he should be a shot caller and then when told no wants to act like a two year old and throw a tantrum

I know you think Gute is incompetent and I’m not his biggest fan either, but QB1 is also a big issues in this quagmire
i agree that rodgers is a significant part of this dispute. i'm afraid that he may have let these issues fester for too long and now has almost burned the bridge completely. but i see no reason to start casting aspersions on rodgers' role as a teammate. tonyan is not the only one who has said things like this in the past. we've heard similar praise from adams, lewis, jones and others.

if rodgers role is simply to play, then why is he coaching? because he wants the team to do well. he cares about the team and the players. these things that are being said about him by angry fans carry no weight with me.

as for brady, don't you think that the main reason he had those private workouts with bucs players was because he was on a brand new team with a different offense and he just wanted to hit the ground running? or is it your belief that he did that every year when he was with the pats? i honestly don't know the answer.

i agree that rodgers is a significant part of this dispute. i'm afraid that he may have let these issues fester for too long and now has almost burned the bridge completely. but i see no reason to start casting aspersions on rodgers' role as a teammate. tonyan is not the only one who has said things like this in the past. we've heard similar praise from adams, lewis, jones and others.

if rodgers role is simply to play, then why is he coaching? because he wants the team to do well. he cares about the team and the players. these things that are being said about him by angry fans carry no weight with me.

as for brady, don't you think that the main reason he had those private workouts with bucs players was because he was on a brand new team with a different offense and he just wanted to hit the ground running? or is it your belief that he did that every year when he was with the pats? i honestly don't know the answer.
It more than just the off season stuff with Brady. He commanded respect from day 1 as I said his teammates raved about his prep. I think Rodgers cares about his teammates but to your comment on Brady, new team and offense what was different in GB? New system by ML, green WR with limited experience sans 17. Why not reach out and get ahead of the curve, you just got the other HC canned

you just got the other HC canned
the other hc should have been canned at least three years earlier. and if it is your narrative that rodgers doesn't have any say in management decisions, they didn't make that decision because of anything that aaron said or did.

Both sides to blame we have a FO that's scouting dept is weak and thus the GM makes poor choices but we also have a diva QB who acts like he should be a shot caller and then when told no wants to act like a two year old and throw a tantrum
I honestly don’t think he wants to call the shots. Personally I think he believes he’s earned the right to have some input and it’s been a one way conversation. Who knows what’s fact or fiction

I honestly don’t think he wants to call the shots. Personally I think he believes he’s earned the right to have some input and it’s been a one way conversation. Who knows what’s fact or fiction
He knows the organization he plays for. He was there when Favre tried twisting arms. Again, Rodgers KNOWS the organization he plays for. The Buddhist part of him that likes to speak out on talk radio and podcasts should know that the reason people are unhappy is because of dukkha, the craving or yearning of things to be different than they are, rather than accept reality as it is. If he convinced himself that he would be the exception to the rule, that they would do things differently for him but not others.... well, that's his own fault.

Irrelevant in this conversation and while I agree it does not excuse the rest
it's not completely irrelevant. because there are a lot of people who are saying rodgers doesn't have a voice in management decisions because "that's not the packers way". and yet many of those same people say that it was rodgers who made (or forced) the decision to fire mccarthy. mccarthy was fired because he's just not a very good head coach. and he proved that last year in dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back