Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the difference here is what if TB does not get Gronk or AB, does Brady pout and sulk and want a pity party?
i've seen brady pout and sulk on the sidelines plenty of times. he's got a diva attitude just like virtually every hall of fame qb. i'm not sure you can be a successful qb in the nfl without being a diva.

you do not know what was said during those contract negotiations. the packers brass may have told him that they would include him in major decisions that directly affect him, and then just totally reneged on those promises.
Does that sound like the Packers to you? Really? He wanted a full guaranteed deal and they exercised their leverage over him to get a standard deal. I highly doubt any of them made any sort of personnel promises to him

i've seen brady pout and sulk on the sidelines plenty of times. he's got a diva attitude just like virtually every hall of fame qb. i'm not sure you can be a successful qb in the nfl without being a diva.
Sidelines is one thing, that’s more relevant to play on the field. Brady organized team work outs in Tampa before the season, guys raved about his attention to detail and his prep before the SB, texting players, leadership . When is the last time Rodgers flew his WR or LA to work out and get reps? Maybe work on trust ?

I think Rodgers expects the Packers to listen and do what he says at least on some issues. Gute when asked in a PC if Rodgers wants to be more invovled in personal choices he pretty much said that if Rodgers wants to say something he will listen which pretty much means to me he will listen to him but Gute is still the final say and won't do stuff just because Rodgers wants it.

Does that sound like the Packers to you? Really? He wanted a full guaranteed deal and they exercised their leverage over him to get a standard deal. I highly doubt any of them made any sort of personnel promises to him
Exactly that’s not the “Packer Way”. And with Murphy at the throne no way he gives any assurances

Sidelines is one thing, that’s more relevant to play on the field. Brady organized team work outs in Tampa before the season, guys raved about his attention to detail and his prep before the SB, texting players, leadership . When is the last time Rodgers flew his WR or LA to work out and get reps? Maybe work on trust ?
I think this is a issue it does seem Rodgers outside of a few guys on the team who he is very close to seems very aloof to the rest of his teammates and when it's the off-season he's gone and won't be heard from unless it is with those few players he is close too.

I think I remember reports saying Rodgers and the Packers did try some deals that were different from standard and they got rejected. Perhaps it was one of the floating deals that Rodgers got % of the cap as his salary. Maybe this is another issue Rodgers was not happy he had to take a basic deal and could not be a trendsetter on a new contract.

I think Rodgers expects the Packers to listen and do what he says at least on some issues. Gute when asked in a PC if Rodgers wants to be more invovled in personal choices he pretty much said that if Rodgers wants to say something he will listen which pretty much means to me he will listen to him but Gute is still the final say and won't do stuff just because Rodgers wants it.
I take most pressers with a GM with a grain of salt. It’s usually canned PR crap. As you noted “pretty much said” is a long way from giving rope

not even rodgers would expect them to do whatever he says. but it is clear that they never included him on any discussions before the fact. sure, gute will listen to him after the fact. what good is that? the response would always be "okay, yeah. but it's already a done deal".

I think I remember reports saying Rodgers and the Packers did try some deals that were different from standard and they got rejected. Perhaps it was one of the floating deals that Rodgers got % of the cap as his salary. Maybe this is another issue Rodgers was not happy he had to take a basic deal and could not be a trendsetter on a new contract.
Again let’s not get caught up on “reports”. The way the CBA is structured a “floating” cap / salary is virtually impossible. If he’s unhappy with that blame the CBA not the organization. Did Rodgers ask for it? Sure. Why not, but Ball and Dunn are not in their first rodeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back