Post Game....Packers slip by Jags

some of you will find this interesting. others may find it hilarious.

after yesterday's game, the packers defense is ranked:
10th in the league in total yards allowed (335.9 yards/game))
12th in the league in rushing yards allowed (110.8 yards/game)
13th in the league in passing yards allowed (218.2 yards/game)
15th in points allowed per game (24.9)
22nd in YDS per carry against and 24th YDS per attempt against passing. We give up way to many chunk plays.

22nd in YDS per carry against and 24th YDS per attempt against passing. We give up way to many chunk plays.

when i think of chunk plays, i think of 20 yards or more.

the best team defense in the league in 20+ yard passing plays is the chargers (19)
the packers have given up 22 (tied for 3rd best).
28 teams have given up more than the packers.

the best team in the league in 20+ yard running plays is again the chargers (1).
the packers have given up 7. (tied for 17th)
half of the teams have given up 6 or less.

i don't have stats for 10+ yards, and i think that's where the packers have really sucked.

when i think of chunk plays, i think of 20 yards or more.

the best team defense in the league in 20+ yard passing plays is the chargers (19)
28 teams have given up more than the packers.

the best team in the league in 20+ yard running plays is again the chargers (1).
the packers have given up 7. (tied for 17th)
half of the teams have given up 6 or less.

i don't have stats for 10+ yards, and i think that's where the packers have really sucked.
I think 10+ is significant and even if you are putting teams in 2nd and 2/3 it also allows them to take shots deep in the passing game.

The NFL has approached NBA-levels of defensive irrelevancy

some of you will find this interesting. others may find it hilarious.

Never expected those stats. Looks like I might have to rethink how I feel about the defense

Look at it another way, why the hell did it take Pettine so long to figure out that Jax’s QB was so bad he could probably get away with playing aggressive? It doesn’t matter that it wouldn’t work against another team, but why doesn’t Pettine seem to know his players and what they can and can’t do?

Eli is a dumb ass...the ONLY reason that worked is that they have literally HAD nothing in the passing game...he makes that adjustment against most other teams we get shredded. Fantasy FB wanna be boy who wouldn't know scheme if it bit him in the ass.

eli may indeed be a dumbass. i don't know eli. but i do agree that he needs to change things up when something isn't working. when a backup qb making his second start and a rookie running back from a conference that hasn't supported football in over 30 years are ripping your defense to shreds, maybe try something different. hopefully he does learn from this.

Back