Post Game....Packers slip by Jags

Packers play a team with a QB that can hit the open WR like Jags had a bunch of times today the Packers are not even in this game. The Packers got lucky they played one of the worst teams in the NFL and their bad play was still good enough to win. They come out like this next week vs Indy the Colts will blow them away.

Negatives:
  • ST's get an F today. Three times we could have fair caught the ball, but instead were buried within our 5. And there's that punt return we gave up...
  • Green Bay weather no longer an advantage.

Positives:
  • Nice to see D finally putting pressure on QB at the end and protect the lead.
  • MVS impressed.

My primary Dud was the defense until late in the 4th quarter. They are not aggressive. They don't tackle well and they were sluggish throughout the game.

Honestly my only Stud was MVS. That was a great catch and run for a TD.

This team does not do well after a bye. They seem so out of sync. The one positive was they didn't give up and were able to hold on till the end.

Hopefully, there were no serious injuries and they got that out of their system before they play IN.

Take the W and on to the next. The game had a weird flow. Not sure if it's lack of crowd involvement but the Pack is exhibiting some of the old McCarthy teams where they play down to their competition. Something seems off but they got the W and will work through it. That's what a 7-2 team does. Wasn't pretty but it's a marathon.

Today Jags had only one player record a rush in game today. I can't remember last time a team did not have anyone besides one player be the only guy to have a rushing play.

Jags came out and played hard on both sides. Their defense played one of their best games of the season; either that or our Offensive Line really played bad today. Our front 7 didn't do much until Q4, and then Rashan Gary was in on those last 3 plays making a difference. I know we've talked about this before, but if we're going to play defense this way, we need ILB's that can actually run to the ball and make a tackle. That's what we're missing right now.

Positives:

MVS- I still think he is an average route runner but I will give him credit
Gary- He almost single handedly stopped the Jags last drive with his pressures

Negatives:

Horrible ST's play- That TD was horrible. No one stayed in their lanes causing a huge hole to run through
Adams- 2 drops and a fumble. I suggest he just plays moving forward and shuts up about him being the best WR in the league. He did not look like it today.
Rodgers- Bad throw to Tonyan, bad INT, and a bad throw to Adams in the end zone
Kirksey- He is junk. Not worth the money. Anyone can play as good as him at ILB.
Savage- He continues to take bad angles and gets beat deep. He was very lucky he did not get beat on a long TD in the first or second quarter.
Defense- They continue to not tackle well and not be aggressive. The Jags stopped themselves mostly. Our D did not really stop them. I thought they played way better in man coverage than zone.

This team is soft. It plays better in warm weather and not in the cold at Lambeau. Pray that we do not get the first round bye.

The Good
  • Gary made an appearance
  • MVS stepped up
The Bad
  • Running game was pathetic. No lanes, no sharp reads
  • Said it a couple of weeks ago Rodgers needs to be great. Today he was not and it almost cost a game
  • Defense was vintage 2020
  • WR not named Adams and today MVS are awful
Other Stuff
  • Your going to have weeks like this but red flags are getting brighter
  • We are 7-2

Last edited:
Back