Post Game....Packers slip by Jags

One other HUGE negative I'm seeing... and it seems to be getting worse.

The Packers are playing very uninspired ball. I'm seeing opposing defense's fly all over and hitting hard. The Packers on the other hand, especially the D, appear very lackluster. Very evident in the Vikings game, and again here. I don't know if it's lack of leadership, on field or off.

We need a spark, an igniter on D.

It was a win. It was very windy. The Jags don't have an NFL QB to use. The Packers running game was pretty much silenced. The Jags defense gives up 30 points per game. We couldn't even score that much against them. Only the Cowboys have given up more points, and they just plain suck!

Rodgers was constantly frustrated. Which was it? His poor throws? Receivers not doing what they should on the field? Poor game plan? Poor play calling from the sideline? Obviously something had his face wrinkled up like it was. Maybe two or more of these reasons, but it wasn't what we usually expect during a game. It showed his frustrations in something.

Oakleaf mentioned a lack of motivation. Playing flat. We seem to get into these funks. It never seems to be one or two players, but the whole team. I have thoughts on that but they're not too solid, so will keep them to myself. No need to start alien space ship rumors. At least, not today ...

One other HUGE negative I'm seeing... and it seems to be getting worse.

The Packers are playing very uninspired ball. I'm seeing opposing defense's fly all over and hitting hard. The Packers on the other hand, especially the D, appear very lackluster. Very evident in the Vikings game, and again here. I don't know if it's lack of leadership, on field or off.

We need a spark, an igniter on D.
That guy is supposed to be Z Smith but ...:::I digress. Getting motivated on a windy, rainy day against a 1-7 team is difficult and that’s an understatement. I get it. Over 16-17 weeks this actually should be accepted. Back to leadership, I have said for years that we have had no defensive leadership since Woodson. It still shows. And even on offense, we don’t have guys like Lang who led, even Favre. As special as 12 is he’s really not that vocal leader

Rodgers did not even look to another WR not named Adams or MVS yesterday. If your QB won't even try a pass to the guys there is no point even having them on the roster. If I was a defense I would not even worry about covering them and just roll a extra man towards Adams

Rodgers did not even look to another WR not named Adams or MVS yesterday. If your QB won't even try a pass to the guys there is no point even having them on the roster. If I was a defense I would not even worry about covering them and just roll a extra man towards Adams
Actually he did. ESB & Taylor quit on routes and 12 was not thrilled with them. You target and connect with guys who are open

Last edited:
I heard Jennings refer to GB’s offense as a finesse offense yesterday, and if you subscribe to that opinion, then it seems the teams that have smacked this offense in the mouth from the first snap have tended to gain the upper hand against them.
GB just has not responded well to those kinds of defenses.
Plus, the teams that have had fast, active, hard hitting ILB’s like TB, MN, and JAX have added to those lackluster offensive performances.

So looking at snap count yesterday Gary only played 48% of the snaps. I thought the plan was to get him on the field more it seems for the year he is only at 41.5% of the snaps played. For a guy you drafted in the top 15 in the draft you are getting nothing out of him

So looking at snap count yesterday Gary only played 48% of the snaps. I thought the plan was to get him on the field more it seems for the year he is only at 41.5% of the snaps played. For a guy you drafted in the top 15 in the draft you are getting nothing out of him
Well he’s #2 on the team in both sacks and QB hits. Might be more of statement on the lack of talent on D but let’s be honest he’s not an OLB.

It's not nothing. It's about 41.5%. Maybe they're saving him for later in the season. Keeping him fresh for times like at the end of the game yesterday. Who knows what Pettine is doing.

It's not nothing. It's about 41.5%. Maybe they're saving him for later in the season. Keeping him fresh for times like at the end of the game yesterday. Who knows what Pettine is doing.
He’s a man without a position. He more of a hand in the ground 4-3 end not a OLB. The Nick Perry experience 2020

Back