Post Game: Packers Defeat Bears

Or was 2020 an outlier and this is the 2018 / 2019 Rodgers? Pressure has always been his kryptonite and the OL has had its issue also
That's a valid point too and I think a lot of us were concerned that 2020 was an outlier, in respect to how his last few years were progressing.

Or was 2020 an outlier and this is the 2018 / 2019 Rodgers? Pressure has always been his kryptonite and the OL has had its issue also
Looks like it, but before that season I remember Rodgers talking about reviewing film from 2010 of himself and noticing something in his own throwing mechanics he thought was causing him to float the ball deep. I was hopeful he fixed it but maybe he’s reverted back to old ways.

I agree the defense lacks at all 3 levels, but I’m not seeing the same offense as last year, and I’m not talking about just stats, it’s the personnel packages and formations and the deep hero-ball shots that AR is taking.
It just doesn’t look the same as last year, and it makes me wonder if AR just wants to do his own thing and because of all the capitulating they did for him this off-season that they are just letting him do his own thing because it’s the last dance. sh))

I agree the defense lacks at all 3 levels, but I’m not seeing the same offense as last year, and I’m not talking about just stats, it’s the personnel packages and formations and the deep hero-ball shots that AR is taking.
It just doesn’t look the same as last year, and it makes me wonder if AR just wants to do his own thing and because of all the capitulating they did for him this off-season that they are just letting him do his own thing because it’s the last dance. sh))

This is just the fan talking right now. Not an AR hater either, but this has always been my concern with a lame duck QB. I get that he's a pro and his image means everything and that he wants to play well, win a lot of games, and move on to another team, but it's been my concern.

It’s also one more year in the system for teams to learn tendencies in this era of analytical football. I’ve never bought into the fact that he’s not buying in. Even though he’s out of GB he’s basically playing for a contract extension also. And while they caved to what he wanted off the field don’t see this organization caving to his whims on the field

It’s also one more year in the system for teams to learn tendencies in this era of analytical football. I’ve never bought into the fact that he’s not buying in. Even though he’s out of GB he’s basically playing for a contract extension also. And while they caved to what he wanted off the field don’t see this organization caving to his whims on the field
I can respect that. As I said, the football fan in me wants to think he's gunslinging because he's out of here, but I know he's got a lot on the line or does he? Does a new deal make a difference to him or does he just want out of GB? Does a new mega deal validate his worth? Or is he more interested in just getting out of GB, on to a new team, and show everyone he still has it? Stick it to the Packers, so to speak?

I believe it can be a few of those things, not necessarily one or another and not mutually exclusive.

I can respect that. As I said, the football fan in me wants to think he's gunslinging because he's out of here, but I know he's got a lot on the line or does he? Does a new deal make a difference to him or does he just want out of GB? Does a new mega deal validate his worth? Or is he more interested in just getting out of GB, on to a new team, and show everyone he still has it? Stick it to the Packers, so to speak?

I believe it can be a few of those things, not necessarily one or another and not mutually exclusive.
Well he signed his walking papers when they restructured his deal in August. Personally unless he gets his destination of choice he walks away from the game anyway. He got what he wanted, leverage and the ability to control his destiny

Rodgers is playing game winning football. He has been since game #2. His numbers aren't gaudy, and he's not trying to over do anything. He's just doing his job to the best of his ability. Trying to psychoanalyze his game doesn't make sense. Take it for what it is. Game winning football.

His frustrations with all the chatter outside the chalk lines came out today, when he threw down the double-check belt, and told the Bears fans; "I still f-ing own you!"

Right now, I'm enjoying watching him play, because he's as much on a mission as anyone I've ever seen, to win a Championship.

But, that's just my opinion. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this ride. It may be the last time we challenge for a title for a long time. You just never know what next year will bring.

Not the prettiest win and we have more injuries which really hurts but we'll take the W and move on.

PS
The Rodgers "I own you" rant makes me dislike the man more. The simple plain fact I cheer and am a fan of the Green Bay Packers...not Aaron Rodgers.
A women flipped him off. He was responding. I thought it was great. He showed some passion.

Adams had streak broke of games of at least 5 catches think it was over 20 games in a row

Back