Post Game: Green Bay Ties Minnesota 29-29

Key Clay Matthews foul arose from “burping,” not body weight

I love that headline....

“When he hit the quarterback, he lifted him and drove him into the ground,” referee Tony Corrente said after the game, in a pool report. “It has nothing to do with the rule of full body weight. . . . He picked the quarterback up and drove him into the ground.”

And as Tony Dungy explained during NBC’s Football Night in America, at least Corrente was consistent. He flagged Vikings linebacker Eric Kendricks earlier in the game for a similar hit on Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. "

Except he didn't.

Seriously, did anyone see Matthews pick him up and drive him into the ground?

Depends on the angle, I hate agreeing with Florio but the same ref called the same kind of 15 yarder on Kendricks for MN that helped GB get 6.... do they get to wipe that touchdown off the board because of a bad call then ?

We can sit here and discuss all night but in the end it's a tie, nothing is going to change that and I doubt the league changes the rule until next year when the "rules committee" finds new and more exciting ways to screw up the game.

We can sit here and discuss all night but in the end it's a tie, nothing is going to change that and I doubt the league changes the rule until next year when the "rules committee" finds new and more exciting ways to screw up the game.
Yeah that's what I don't get, it's okay to be ticked off but it doesn't change anything in the end. GB needs to clean up a lot before this team can claim to be anything but a pretender.

Don't post much anywhere anymore but this game compels me too. While the officiating was horrid it was horrid for both sides. As Mark eluded too above the Viking roughing call led to one of our scores so you could say we are even in that regard. I have a hard time blaming officating as the sole purpose of this tie.

The thing that really bothers me is that awful 4th quarter defense that was carved up like a turkey on Thanksgiving. All this hype about Mike Pettine but you see moments where this defense looks as bad as with Capers last year. Maybe Packinatl is right and we just overvalue the talent we have ? I am not truly sure yet.

MM continues to find new and incredibly stupid ways to manage a game every week, this you can not dispute.

I really do not know what to think about this team after 2 games. But one thing is for certain, I can't watch many more like this without a better supply of Wine. ;)

Now that gambling is being legalized, the organized crime problem is just gonna get worse.

Back