Post Game: Green Bay Ties Minnesota 29-29

In the end, where does the blame lay for the errors? Is it correctable, and can we get a consistent push on the D-line, with the personnel we have? If not, this could be a long season.
Sure it's correctable, you're going to have those errors with young guys and a new defense. GB fans have unrealistic expectations with this defense and team at times. We are undefeated and everyone is yelping like we are 0-2 ???

Well more things change more they are the same.

MM repeats after the game the same old lines...he's like a see and say toy. The same with his play calling. Abandons the run game when time needs to be killed. Same old problems with him after having an entire off season saying changes will be made and same old excuses. Role reversal from Bear's game and seemed to be out coached again. Where was the quick release and short passing game from the second half of the Bear's game in Vikes second half game?

Games won in trenches. OL has taken steps backwards on talent. TT and MM fault here when entire interior is changed. Two seasons back players didn't touch AR. Now he'll be lucky to make the season. All pro guards don't grow on trees.

Defense our front 7 suck. Cm only makes a play at end of game? Perry not.doing squat...Daniels not.wrapping up Cousins. These are the big money players we need a refund from. Mack eats up 11% of cap, but would have taken him over both Perry and CM. We don't have a true difference maker on front 7, though Clark seems to be coming on.

This team needs more help yet....

All pro guards don't grow on trees, but they also get old and break down. Sitton's play dropped well off and he's out for the year in Miami. TJ Lang has been a disappointment in Detroit - he's been injured a lot, recently having more back problems. Packers had them for their best years and didn't win with them. Fine. You can't replace all pros with more all pros, but front office needed to do much better than Taylor and McCray, who was a hotel bellman 18 months ago. They were too busy drafting 4(!) early round DBs who are looking more and more like complete busts instead of properly restocking the OL.

Sure it's correctable, you're going to have those errors with young guys and a new defense. GB fans have unrealistic expectations with this defense and team at times. We are undefeated and everyone is yelping like we are 0-2 ???

I think the reaction is based more around how they've looked - it's a typical Mike McCarthy team, isn't it? Slow starting, disjointed, uncreative, sluggish here, motivated there, disciplined here, careless there, steady play here, giving up big plays there. It's the same script of the same movie we've been watching for 13 gosh darn years now. I'm bored of it, isn't MM tired of making the same movie over and over again too?

I think the reaction is based more around how they've looked - it's a typical Mike McCarthy team, isn't it? Slow starting, disjointed, uncreative, sluggish here, motivated there, disciplined here, careless there, steady play here, giving up big plays there. It's the same script of the same movie we've been watching for 13 gosh darn years now. I'm bored of it, isn't MM tired of making the same movie over and over again too?

I think the last 2 years we are all in agreement that MM has become stale. A new system and HC would do wonders for the franchise in my humble opinion.

I probably have less expectations of this team than most people. I look at the talent on the field and I don't see too many guys who will garner any votes for even being a replacement for a Pro Bowl game. I see nothing on defense that I consider a threat. That's why I said the Vikings would score 31 against the Packers and beat them. I just don't see that talent out there, and I didn't see anything in preseason that told me this team would be better than last year.

All I see the Packers do is bring in Pettine as a band-aid over an existing problem, since his defense is essentially no different than that of Capers. Even his assistants are a static group. We signed a defensive lineman, but we didn't go after a franchise guy, just someone to give us a "little more oomph!" You don't win with "oomph!" You win with flat out mind bending attack dog instincts like you see with Mack.

But, no matter what, this all falls back on the shoulders of the head coach, and the people who develop this team through the draft and free agency. I don't see anything that was done that has significantly improved this team.

You are correct to a certain extent, TW. But Gutey has brought in a free agent or two on D. Will it work? No onw knows at this point. He tried to get Mack but Chicago out bid him. We all know this will take two to three years to get this fixed. The good news is the drafted corners look like they can be starters. We need OLB's and Safety's to get this D over the top. We have two first round picks next year. It will be up to Gute to draft well next year and things can change.

I do agree. MM needs to go and we need a change. To be honest, I am torn if I want the Packers to win and go deep in the playoffs or tank so MM gets canned. If not, we could see MM here for another 5 years.

All pro guards don't grow on trees, but they also get old and break down. Sitton's play dropped well off and he's out for the year in Miami. TJ Lang has been a disappointment in Detroit - he's been injured a lot, recently having more back problems. Packers had them for their best years and didn't win with them. Fine. You can't replace all pros with more all pros, but front office needed to do much better than Taylor and McCray, who was a hotel bellman 18 months ago. They were too busy drafting 4(!) early round DBs who are looking more and more like complete busts instead of properly restocking the OL.

Agree with you and we all knew couldn't fix both sides of the ball with one draft. Gutey had/has his work cut out for him and with one off season was un the Damned if he does, Damned if he don't position. He drafted from strength of the draft and while we having growing pains with rookies at CB this group has a shot at being really special down the road.

Back to our OL problem and this is subjective w/o facts and just questions.

Wonder with current power structure who made decisions on OL?

It is possible that during the draft his big board didn't fall to where an OL was higher rated then another position so he didn't do like TT and reach on one?

Possible he thought one target would be there after cuts and wasn't? Likewise maybe had target(s) for free agency and players signed back with team or were offered too much then he had the players valued at?

So we are stuck where we are at.

But will add this....

It is coach's job to teach, prepare and coach up players to have them ready. After quite a few players that didn't cut it here and looked bad, went on to have good careers on other teams, leaves one to question the coaching here.

Back