Post Game: Green Bay defeats Detroit 35-17

True, so you have to play zone> But wait our guys aren't set up for playing zone either! :oops::unsure:FP(
Exactly and when they went zone last night it was pitch and catch. Their only bullet is to get pressure and without Smith its not going to come consistently

So last night MVS had 0 catches on 4 targets 2 of which were bomb passes. Alan Lazard had 0 targerts. Mailk Taylor had 0 targets St. Brown 1 catch 1 target.

Are GB's WR's that bad that they can't get open or is Rodgers just refusing to look away from his security blanket in Adams to go to other guys.

Will say new punter kicked well last night had average of nearly 47 yards and dropped 2 of his 3 punts inside the 20.

Also congrats to Mason Crosby passing Ryan Longwell for 19th place on all time scoring list. Next up Crosby is only 10 points from passing up another former Packer for 18th place in Jan Stenerud.

Agree and part of the issue is that Alexander is the only one who can play effective press coverage.
I think they need to give Stokes a chance to prove what he can and can't do. Big ask of a rookie but he already seems to be struggling with some zone concepts, man may be his strength.

So last night MVS had 0 catches on 4 targets 2 of which were bomb passes. Alan Lazard had 0 targerts. Mailk Taylor had 0 targets St. Brown 1 catch 1 target.

Are GB's WR's that bad that they can't get open or is Rodgers just refusing to look away from his security blanket in Adams to go to other guys.
On the TD to Toynan, Lazard was breaking wide open over the middle

On the play where Tonyan caught the TD, Lazard was wide open for a first down plus more. Rodgers was just feeling saucy and decided to thread a needle to Tonyan.

I can't complain too much because Rodgers was for the most part doing what I wanted him to do, which is find Jones out of the backfield where he's such a weapon. That's how they functioned in 2019 when Adams missed 4 games, and I was pleased to see them do that with Adams actually on the field. Adams and Jones are your best weapons, I'm not going to complain that they're being used too much.

I think they need to give Stokes a chance to prove what he can and can't do. Big ask of a rookie but he already seems to be struggling with some zone concepts, man may be his strength.
I would agree. He has the speed and some ball skills

oh no it's not... he got his hinder burned at UGA a lot in Man. He might give you a great game and then he follows it up with pure craptastic the next. Drove the UGA staff nuts

oh no it's not... he got his hinder burned at UGA a lot in Man. He might give you a great game and then he follows it up with pure craptastic the next. Drove the UGA staff nuts
You know better than I do, just going by what I see with my own eyes. I think he's a better option on the outside than King right now because King's legs look shot and he's almost too tall to turn and break.

You know better than I do, just going by what I see with my own eyes. I think he's a better option on the outside than King right now because King's legs look shot and he's almost too tall to turn and break.
Honestly, it sounds bad but it's a horse a piece at this point. Right now the front 7 is having problems getting pressure and against a team, with better players than Detroit, it's not going to be pretty.

Back