Post Game: Green Bay defeats Detroit 35-17

HeartyHops

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
1-1

It's nice to get a win, and I suppose it helps to wash the bad taste out of my mouth after that catastrophe last week.

It's great to see Jones get going again, and I'd sure like to say that about the D, but I guess they're building up to it. lol!

Nice to see Stokes get in some good plays, though!

It didn't seem like a very 'high energy' game, but we'll take it! Picked up a lot in the second half, for sure.

gopackgo

Take the W and on to next week. As HH stated, nice to see Jones get rolling. Nice to see Stokes involved. He's a rook so there will be some good and then some bad but impressed so far. Energy wasn't what I thought it would be but it's a long season and they have plenty of time to get the kinks worked out.

1 Aaron needs to get in sync with MVS, so we can find out if he can catch the ball this year. (Not to jinx him of course.)

2 Once we got a lead, defense could play more aggressive, because they knew Goff would have to throw. Although the bad plays by King should be noted too, helped Detroit out on that first drive or two quite a bit. Stokes came in and made some good plays.

3 Hill looked good on those kick returns.

Rodgers asked about last week people saying he acted like he did not care.

Rodgers: People talk a lot of bullshit its nice to come back after a game like that.

Though the outfit makes Rodgers look like he's so low level weed dealer. Lol

Rodgers says Cobb needs to be on field more noticed at one point he was not on field much.

This defense isn't going to scare anyone this year. And will be why they don't go far in the playoffs.

Letting Det take a lead into halftime in your house? Really? This is DET...

They've looked marginal against two questionable teams. Need to see how they stack up against better teams to really know what they've got.

Kevin. Goddamitallanyways. King. I just can't with this guy anymore, I really can't.

Look, I'm an optimistic guy by nature and I want to give everyone a second chance, always. I want to believe the suspect is innocent and both spouses are being faithful, I really do. But Kevin. Goddamitallanyways. King.

If Stokes didn't take his job yesterday, I just don't know what I'm liable to do.

Some thoughts
  • The Manning Cast is must see TV
  • Clark has looked pedestrian the last 2 weeks. Thought he would take a step up this year
  • Stokes, for getting extended time seems comfortable out there. He can close
  • Lack of pressure is going to cost this team. I get King is what he is but Goff could have eaten a pizza he had so much time to throw. No DB can cover for 8-10 seconds
  • As rpiotr mentioned in shout the team runs thru Jones. Why they gave up on the run-on the 2nd drive was troubling.
  • The offense also runs thru Adams. He’s the only guy who gets separation and if they are off schedule he can get yards. It’s going to catch up to them
  • MVS / Lazard Zero catches.
  • On the bright side I did not see an Applebee’s “Fancy” commercial so that’s a plus

Last edited:
Back