Post Game: Green Bay defeats Detroit 35-17

Play action is at the core of the ML offense. It helps set up almost everything they want to do.
Seeing so little of the running game these first two weeks (IMHO) is so out of character of ML play calling that it makes me wonder if “someone else” is calling the plays at the LOS.

thumb_what-can-i-say-its-all-about-me-meme-memegenerator-net-53148424.png

I'm still not pleased - well, maybe a little bit hahahaha.

Our D never did really stop them. Goff messing up and poor Lion play calling at times helped in the second half, and of course, getting King OUT of there.

Our O Line still isn't what it should be either. The pass blocking was shoddy all night, and the run blocking wasn't great either - Jones did most of it on his own, as shown by the fact that Dillon just couldn't get started.

Elgton Jenkins is just mediocre at Tackle, and the Guard spot where he should be was also mediocre at best. I thought they'd be better with Patrick out, but not much if any.

Against a better team, we're gonna need better D and better O Line play.

Last night, it literally was all Aaron(s).

So either MLF is an overbearing micromanager who doesn't allow his assistants free reign, or we've had two back-to-back, spineless D-coordinators who can't make obvious adjustments on their own? I don't know any other way to read that...
Plain and simple Packers fired their DC super late in the off-season. All the good assistants were with other teams. Packers wanted a DC with experince and Berry was the only thing left out there. If Packers don't make playoffs or have quick exit Barry gets canned right away and Packers look for new DC.

Play action is at the core of the ML offense. It helps set up almost everything they want to do.
Seeing so little of the running game these first two weeks (IMHO) is so out of character of ML play calling that it makes me wonder if “someone else” is calling the plays at the LOS.

thumb_what-can-i-say-its-all-about-me-meme-memegenerator-net-53148424.png
Actually run / pass was 31/27 (take away QB runs it was 24/27) which is good balance, my only issue was the 2nd drive where they went totally away from it when they had success

Aaron Jones had something special planned for his first game at Lambeau Field since his father's death in April.

The Green Bay Packers running back came out for Monday night's home opener against the Detroit Lions wearing a necklace that contained Alvin Jones Sr.'s ashes in a football-shaped medallion.

Along the way to his four-touchdown game in the Packers' 35-17 victory, Jones lost the necklace. He thinks it came off during his second-quarter touchdown catch -- the second of three receiving touchdowns to go along with a rushing score -- and despite a thorough search after the game, it has not been found.

"If there was any place to lose it, that's where my dad would've wanted me to lose it," Jones said, referring to the end zone. "So I know he's smiling.

Back