Post Game: Green Bay defeats Detroit 35-17

So ML revealed after the game that he told Barry how to run the defense because what he was doing wasn't working. If Barry has to be told how to do his job by an offense-geared head coach, he's not capable of doing his job.
Oh Lord! What have they gotten themselves in to? A DC who is clueless. How could they hire someone for that lofty a position who doesn't know his job?

This is beginning to look more and more like an episode of the Keystone Kops!

Pettine was fired last year because the team needed a goat for the NFCC. There was nothing better really to replace him with by march should have kept Pettine another year.

My impressions of the game as a whole. It always seems to take a while for the offense to get going. I love Aaron Jones, but they have to give AJ Dillon more playing time. I was really upset last week when Dillon was getting yardage and LaFleur stopped using him. If they want to get good balance they need to use him more IMO.

Aaron, once again continues to focus on Davante too often. I was glad to see him use Tonyan and Cobb a liitle bit, but he rarely looked for MVS or Lizard. Aaron did admit in his press conference to missing MVS several times. I hope that improves. My studs are both the Aarons. Rodgers threw one pass for completion (can't remember the player) that I still don't know how he got it through that window. Jones was available as a safety net and it was great to see him score so many TDs.

We need to thank the Lions for the defense improvement in the 2nd half. Goff gifted them 2 fumbles. They seemed to play more agressively in the 2nd half. In the 1st half they were non existent. I kept wondering when this aggressive, tackling, ball hawking defense was going to get to Lambeau. I would definitely consider the defense to be a dud. In particular, Kevin King.

I don't have a good feeling about the team in general. Maybe my opinion is clouded by Rodgers' antics over the summer. Even his press conference after the game just seemed off.
They just don't seem to be a cohesive group. Granted, these are the first 2 games they have played together. And maybe they will get better the more they play, but right not I'm not very optimistic. Hopefully that will change.

My impressions of the game as a whole. It always seems to take a while for the offense to get going. I love Aaron Jones, but they have to give AJ Dillon more playing time. I was really upset last week when Dillon was getting yardage and LaFleur stopped using him. If they want to get good balance they need to use him more IMO.

Aaron, once again continues to focus on Davante too often. I was glad to see him use Tonyan and Cobb a liitle bit, but he rarely looked for MVS or Lizard. Aaron did admit in his press conference to missing MVS several times. I hope that improves. My studs are both the Aarons. Rodgers threw one pass for completion (can't remember the player) that I still don't know how he got it through that window. Jones was available as a safety net and it was great to see him score so many TDs.

We need to thank the Lions for the defense improvement in the 2nd half. Goff gifted them 2 fumbles. They seemed to play more agressively in the 2nd half. In the 1st half they were non existent. I kept wondering when this aggressive, tackling, ball hawking defense was going to get to Lambeau. I would definitely consider the defense to be a dud. In particular, Kevin King.

I don't have a good feeling about the team in general. Maybe my opinion is clouded by Rodgers' antics over the summer. Even his press conference after the game just seemed off.
They just don't seem to be a cohesive group. Granted, these are the first 2 games they have played together. And maybe they will get better the more they play, but right not I'm not very optimistic. Hopefully that will change.
The nearly-unbelievable throw you mention was the 20 yard TD strike to Tonyan. I believe it was the very next play after the 50 yarder to Adams. Rodgers passed over a wide open Lazard to hit Tonyan there. Maybe he was feeling his oats after the big one to Adams.

Rodgers has missed MVS a few times in both games this year and they've all been overthrown. I don't know if it's "early in the year, just not yet completely in sync yet" or if maybe MVS is just a tiny bit slow at the moment (and it would be a TINY bit... like a single stride in 30 or 40 yards).

Way back on page 1 or 2, I made my feelings clear on King. He's killin' me. Just killin' me. That said, I'm pretty stoked on Stokes. In his limited opportunities, he's already made the plays King hasn't in King's entire time here. The pass breakup in the end zone vs Detroit was a thing of absolute beauty, especially in super-slow-mo. If Stokes hasn't already taken King's job, I'd like to know why.

So ML revealed after the game that he told Barry how to run the defense because what he was doing wasn't working. If Barry has to be told how to do his job by an offense-geared head coach, he's not capable of doing his job.
It falls back on ML. He hired him. I wouldn't have minded an up and comer. At least maybe those growing pains could be a bit more tolerable. I still won't give up on Barry yet. He might need to find his footing a bit before things get better. Hoping with fingers crossed.

Alright guys! Who decided to hire Barry as Defensive Coordinator. I want to know right now!

106380029-portrait-of-two-caucasian-men-pointing-finger-on-each-other-it-was-not-me-he-did-it-concept-.jpg

Back