Packers 53-man roster prediction 2018

After doing this exercise, it proves we can keep 7 WRs, still have 3 QBs, 3 TEs, and everything else we need.

I'd rather keep 4 TE's.
TE's offer more versatility in GB's offense, and (typically) play well on ST's.
Keeping Tonyan as the 4th TE in place of a 7th WR could be a sensible move.

I'd rather keep 4 TE's.
TE's offer more versatility in GB's offense, and (typically) play well on ST's.
Keeping Tonyan as the 4th TE in place of a 7th WR could be a sensible move.

Could be right on the money. If you consider Tonyan a converted WR to TE, and Graham also a hybrid, that gives you a lot of options with just 6 WRs.

Regarding Tim Boyle and his chances of making it to the PS if cut, I went back and looked at Bob McGinn's post-draft series on the UDFAs, and these were scout comments on Boyle:

AFC scout: “He’s got all the tools you want. He’s a thick, big-bodied guy. He’s athletic and has a really strong arm. His accuracy is marginal. His touchdown-interception ratio wasn’t very good. He’s definitely worth developing. Good signing.”

NFC scout: “You love the size. He’s a good developmental guy, that’s for sure. He’s got the tools. Good arm talent. Throws it easy.”

Doesn't sound like a guy that scouts were necessarily down on as a developmental prospect, just that his college stats made him undraftable. He was on other teams' radar before, then you throw in his performances so far in the pre-season, even in limited action with the back end of the roster around him, it feels less likely that he'd make it through to the PS.

I agree. But I have a feeling MM will keep Hundley unless Gutey overrules him. If they are looking at the future, they keep Boyle. He has shown more than Kiser and Hundley combined at this point. At least for upside. If anything, I can see him being a decent back up in future years. I doubt we keep him though.

That would be unfortunate. Even though he is not at the same level, right now, as Hundley/Kizer, (IMO) he has the potential to become a better all-around QB.
If they keep 3 QB’s he might have an outside chance. But it Gute rolls with just 2 QB’s then there’s no chance for him, and someone else will most likely sign him to a roster spot. It will become Kaysum Hill 2.0.

Regarding Tim Boyle and his chances of making it to the PS if cut, I went back and looked at Bob McGinn's post-draft series on the UDFAs, and these were scout comments on Boyle:

AFC scout: “He’s got all the tools you want. He’s a thick, big-bodied guy. He’s athletic and has a really strong arm. His accuracy is marginal. His touchdown-interception ratio wasn’t very good. He’s definitely worth developing. Good signing.”

NFC scout: “You love the size. He’s a good developmental guy, that’s for sure. He’s got the tools. Good arm talent. Throws it easy.”

Doesn't sound like a guy that scouts were necessarily down on as a developmental prospect, just that his college stats made him undraftable. He was on other teams' radar before, then you throw in his performances so far in the pre-season, even in limited action with the back end of the roster around him, it feels less likely that he'd make it through to the PS.

I question if he gets claimed I think most teams love some UDFA QB they have on their team and think oh can we get him through to the PS.

I think his play so far in the preseason is going to pique someone's interest enough to sign him. He has so many positives that someone is going to see his potential. This is assuming he continues to play well.

Back