Packers 53-man roster prediction 2018

Hundley can't throw receivers open, haven't seen Kizer do that either. If your QB needs receivers running free every play, you don't have a QB you can win with - teams w/#1 defenses excluded.

McCarthy's stubbornness, in my opinion, comes from his executive mindset. Getting rid of his "guys" is an admission of failure. Some leaders can be successful with this limitation in their skillset, most cannot as it always comes back around.

Hundley can't throw receivers open, haven't seen Kizer do that either. If your QB needs receivers running free every play, you don't have a QB you can win with - teams w/#1 defenses excluded.

McCarthy's stubbornness, in my opinion, comes from his executive mindset. Getting rid of his "guys" is an admission of failure. Some leaders can be successful with this limitation in their skillset, most cannot as it always comes back around.

Maybe it's stubbornness, but I tend to think, in this instance, that it's pragmatism. Based on how the roster has filled out at other positions, I'm guessing even if he decides Hundley isn't the guy he doesn't have faith he's going to get a better option. TT wouldn't have signed Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown or any other vet or traded for Jacoby Brissett or another young player to be the backup. Best he would have gotten was another Seneca Wallace or Vince Young or stick with Joe Callahan/Taysom Hill. The devil you know is likely why Hundley lasted as long as he has.

Welcome to the forum. Solid first post

Best guess:
Offense (24)
QB: Rodgers, Kizer
RB: Montgomery, Williams, Jones, Mays (during Jones suspension)
FB: Ripkowski
TE: Graham, Lewis, Kendrick
WR: Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, Moore, St. Brown
OT: Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Spriggs, Murphy
OG: Taylor, McCray, Pankey, Bell
C: Linsley
Defense (26)
DL: Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Lowry, Adams, Lancaster
OLB: Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Odom
ILB: Martinez, Ryan, Burks, Martini
CB: King, Alexander, Jackson, Williams, House, Rollins, Hawkins Pipkins
S: Clinton-Dix, Jones, Brice, Evans
Special Teams (3)
K: Crosby
P: Scott
LS: Bradley

TT wouldn't have signed Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown or any other vet or traded for Jacoby Brissett or another young player to be the backup.

tt isn't the gm any more.

Boyle has the 2nd highest QB rating of all the rookie QB's from this years draft (Mayfield has the highest).

He will never clear waivers to stash on PS.

Hundley is in his final year of his contract, and Kizer is in only his 2nd year of his contract.

What would they hope to gain by keeping Hundley if there is little/no difference between him and Kizer?

From the “Not Breaking News” department. Pettine says Clay, Perry, Gilbert, and Fackrell have been the top 4 OLBs in camp but cautioned that Fackrell has been up and down and generally inconsistent.

Back