Packers 2022 Thread

Tom and Caleb need a year. Caleb, maybe two. But I like our depth. Gutey drafts linemen every year, which is boring but I'm glad he does it.

Ryan looks like he needs seasoning at G too. Be interesting to see if they keep Hanson.

Some observers believe Caleb Jones has shown signs of being a decent project. I wonder if they will consider keeping him, at least on the practice squad?
TW, I was thinking the same thing. He is huge and showed he can run block and did an ok job at pass blocking. With his size, I am not the makes it thru waivers.

They may have to keep him.

TW, I was thinking the same thing. He is huge and showed he can run block and did an ok job at pass blocking. With his size, I am not the makes it thru waivers.

They may have to keep him.
here is a link to a video on packers.com that starts out as an interview but includes a couple clips (one run play and one pass play) from the saints game:
https://www.packers.com/video/caleb-jones-1-on-1-trying-to-assert-my-dominance

small sample size, but he looks pretty good in these clips.

Those massive guys never seem to work out though, there may be an upper limit on how big a ball player can be before he loses necessary athletic traits.
Former Viking Bryant “Mount” McKinnie was a force for years at 6’8”/360lbs.
Just sayin

Former Viking Bryant “Mount” McKinnie was a force for years at 6’8”/360lbs.
Just sayin
Fun fact, Bryant McKinnie gave up the sack that hurt Favre and broke his consecutive games streak.

EDIT: But seriously, he was taken 7th overall so obviously had some special athletic traits, but even he more or less ate his way out of the league. 360 was not a good playing weight, even for him.

Fun fact, Bryant McKinnie gave up the sack that hurt Favre and broke his consecutive games streak.

EDIT: But seriously, he was taken 7th overall so obviously had some special athletic traits, but even he more or less ate his way out of the league. 360 was not a good playing weight, even for him.
12 years in the league was a pretty decent career for McKinnie.

And I’m not saying Jones is the same quality athlete as McKinnie, but if he continues to develop he could become more than serviceable just because of his measurables.

I’ll even go out on a limb an suggest that if GB cuts him, he doesn’t make the PS. Someone will claim him.

Edit: Jones claimed in an interview on 8/11 that he is now down to 338#. That’s a much better weight range for him.

Last edited:
12 years in the league was a pretty decent career for McKinnie.

And I’m not saying Jones is the same quality athlete as McKinnie, but if he continues to develop he could become more than serviceable just because of his measurables.

I’ll even go out on a limb an suggest that if GB cuts him, he doesn’t make the PS. Someone will claim him.

Edit: Jones claimed in an interview on 8/11 that he is now down to 338#. That’s a much better weight range for him.
Jones Weight Loss program?

https://tenor.com/p9i0.gif

Zach Tom shows some solid potential. He could be classified as a guard, but actually end up being the guy who spells Bakh at LT. He has good footwork in pass blocking, and might surprise a lot of people before he's through. He's obviously an athlete.

I'd say it's even money that he ends up inheriting the job from Bakh down the road, if he keeps improving.

Just my opinion here.

Zach Tom shows some solid potential. He could be classified as a guard, but actually end up being the guy who spells Bakh at LT. He has good footwork in pass blocking, and might surprise a lot of people before he's through. He's obviously an athlete.

I'd say it's even money that he ends up inheriting the job from Bakh down the road, if he keeps improving.

Just my opinion here.
Zach Tom RAS:
1661187123481.png

David Bakhtiari RAS:
View attachment 579

Now..............There's other things that go into making a LT, but on paper Zach Tom is a superior athlete to Bakhtiari.
But, if he continues to develop, I could easily see him taking over the LT spot, unless they have Jenkins pegged for that spot.
Nice problems to have if you ask me!

Back