Packers 2022 Thread

Hmm wonder if they think he will be back before week 5 because otherwise why tak him off PUP?

Hmm wonder if they think he will be back before week 5 because otherwise why tak him off PUP?
Perfectly possible, only him and the team know what the real issues are with the knee. All we know is he didn’t re-tear the ACL in January so he’s not on that timeline. We just don’t know, have to see how he responds. If that thing swells up again or doesn’t feel right… all options are on the table, I imagine. Not predicting one way or the other but the whole thing is just unusual.

Three surgeries on the same knee in less than 20 months is enough to raise questions in anybodies mind
To be honest I thinks he's done. He may play but not near the level his salary commands. GB is in retooling right now. So the question is who on the team can handle LT?

To be honest I thinks he's done. He may play but not near the level his salary commands. GB is in retooling right now. So the question is who on the team can handle LT?
It may well be Jenkins, depending on when he’s ready.
With as well as Zach Tom has played at RT, they could feel comfortable letting him continue there and slot Jenkins at LT.

The other candidates are Nijman and Caleb Jones at LT, but I would prefer Jenkins.

It may well be Jenkins, depending on when he’s ready.
With as well as Zach Tom has played at RT, they could feel comfortable letting him continue there and slot Jenkins at LT.

The other candidates are Nijman and Caleb Jones at LT, but I would prefer Jenkins.
Caleb Jones should not make this team way to green he needs to be on PS.

Nijman seems the guy who will play until Bak can go and will be first guy to replace him if he can't go. Jenkins I think will start at RT but if Bak can't play and Nijman would go down then he would go to LT. Bigger questions are who is going to be the RG. It seems Newman will be given the job again with Tom being the backup.

IMO I can see out of camp this beign the OL

OT: Bak, Nijman, Jenkins, Van Lanen
OC: Myers, Hanson
OG: Runyan, Newman, Tom, Rhyan

PS: Jones, Walker

Caleb Jones should not make this team way to green he needs to be on PS.

Nijman seems the guy who will play until Bak can go and will be first guy to replace him if he can't go. Jenkins I think will start at RT but if Bak can't play and Nijman would go down then he would go to LT. Bigger questions are who is going to be the RG. It seems Newman will be given the job again with Tom being the backup.

IMO I can see out of camp this beign the OL

OT: Bak, Nijman, Jenkins, Van Lanen
OC: Myers, Hanson
OG: Runyan, Newman, Tom, Rhyan

PS: Jones, Walker
Some observers believe Caleb Jones has shown signs of being a decent project. I wonder if they will consider keeping him, at least on the practice squad?

Some observers believe Caleb Jones has shown signs of being a decent project. I wonder if they will consider keeping him, at least on the practice squad?
Oh I agree he's a good project that I would put on the PS. He is very green needs to lose some weight but if he can do that he could be a guy maybe you put on roster later in year if injury happens or next year makes team out of TC.

Jones has already dropped nearly 40 lbs, and his play has improved as a result.
If he keeps that up, at some point he could become a candidate for LT, and that’s what I called him……..a “candidate”.

His foot work really needs to be improved in pass pro (but it’s gotten much better so far in camp), but he has the wing span of a B-52 which makes it very difficult for pass rushers to get around him.

He’s much better in run blocking at this stage, so time will tell if he can achieve what he needs to in order to become a contributor.

Jones has already dropped nearly 40 lbs, and his play has improved as a result.
If he keeps that up, at some point he could become a candidate for LT, and that’s what I called him……..a “candidate”.

His foot work really needs to be improved in pass pro (but it’s gotten much better so far in camp), but he has the wing span of a B-52 which makes it very difficult for pass rushers to get around him.

He’s much better in run blocking at this stage, so time will tell if he can achieve what he needs to in order to become a contributor.
Those massive guys never seem to work out though, there may be an upper limit on how big a ball player can be before he loses necessary athletic traits.

Back