NIL - Texas style

All will be if schools see money breaking away they probably run those numbers every year to see if it would make sense.

Could you have the schools split for a football only conf?
Chaos. I guess technically you can but then you have issue with compliance because more then likely it won’t have the same constitution of rules

All will be if schools see money breaking away they probably run those numbers every year to see if it would make sense.
No school is walking away from a $80m+ paycheck each year. No U President will let that happen

I don't think there's an issue with which sports gets what. The money will go into the coffers of the sports that the donors want to support. Teams like 'Nova and Kansas will see big bucks rolling in for basketball. Catholic schools, particularly, will pony up based on their sports proclivity. Notre Dame will be biggest on football. Marquette will throw it all into basketball. Loyola of Chicago will also throw tons of Catholic bucks into basketball.

Once the money starts rolling in, I don't think anyone will be trying to stand in the way. It would be like standing in a dam's spillway just before they open it up, and saying you're going to stop the flow with your hands.

The next decade is going to change the entire landscape of sports. Especially when women's sports whips out their power cards and says they're not being treated fairly in the divvy of the money, and want their fair cut. That's when it could go totally haywire, or possibly even correct the direction it's heading.

If you love turmoil, this is the game that will keep you thinking. Nothing at this point is too outrageous to find happening.

I don't think there's an issue with which sports gets what. The money will go into the coffers of the sports that the donors want to support. Teams like 'Nova and Kansas will see big bucks rolling in for basketball. Catholic schools, particularly, will pony up based on their sports proclivity. Notre Dame will be biggest on football. Marquette will throw it all into basketball. Loyola of Chicago will also throw tons of Catholic bucks into basketball.

Once the money starts rolling in, I don't think anyone will be trying to stand in the way. It would be like standing in a dam's spillway just before they open it up, and saying you're going to stop the flow with your hands.

The next decade is going to change the entire landscape of sports. Especially when women's sports whips out their power cards and says they're not being treated fairly in the divvy of the money, and want their fair cut. That's when it could go totally haywire, or possibly even correct the direction it's heading.

If you love turmoil, this is the game that will keep you thinking. Nothing at this point is too outrageous to find happening.
It’s not so much the money as you noted it will come in but it’s how it governed. Notre Dame and Kansas will clearly go the P5 split route but basketball would not fall into that. Some sort of reimagined NCAA would. I can’t imagine the Big East not being included or a similar conference Personally that’s part of why the change at the top now, they need someone who can navigate that. Right now any school classified as a mid major will feel the most pain. Any collective will be small with a few exceptions. Booster money is already small in comparison. Marquette is a perfect example.

It’s not so much the money as you noted it will come in but it’s how it governed. Notre Dame and Kansas will clearly go the P5 split route but basketball would not fall into that. Some sort of reimagined NCAA would. I can’t imagine the Big East not being included or a similar conference Personally that’s part of why the change at the top now, they need someone who can navigate that. Right now any school classified as a mid major will feel the most pain. Any collective will be small with a few exceptions. Booster money is already small in comparison. Marquette is a perfect example.
Leadership at the top of conferences, and even in the colleges themselves, is changing rapidly, to mee the new needs of the future. It's going to take a lot of elbow grease to keep this thing properly on track.

Leadership at the top of conferences, and even in the colleges themselves, is changing rapidly, to mee the new needs of the future. It's going to take a lot of elbow grease to keep this thing properly on track.
We can agree on that. At the end of the day it’s how the university presidents guide this. Warren has some clout but not absolute power. Sankey probably has the most power at the P5 level. Phillips not so much and Kliavkoff has no track record. I long for Delaney but we got who we got

Dear Coach Prime
That’s not the way it works now
Signed
P5 Collectives
But he's not wrong it's the have and have not's. You have the money to throw around you are going to buy the top kids will have about 10-12 schools that will have the money to do so.

Back