NIL - Texas style

TW

Reaction score
It's called the Clark Field Collective. They'll be putting about $10 million dollars into the pot to create "incentives" for NIL offerings for University of Texas athletes. Apparently it will be a "fair" division based on the value of the program to UT. As an example, football players will get the biggest chunk, followed by baseball and basketball. Interestingly enough, NIL is going to end up being a way to filter money into the pockets of walk on athletes in various sports. In other words, teams like Texas and Ohio State can carry 120 or more athletes for a sport simply by the collective getting those kids NIL deals, even without scholarship. Sweet!

The end of the entire sports systems as we know them is just around the corner. It's going to be just like the Yankees of the 30s through 50s. You got the money, you got the studs.

Of course it won't be the schools making this happen (wink-wink). It will be the collectives, to be fair to these "kids."

It's called the Clark Field Collective. They'll be putting about $10 million dollars into the pot to create "incentives" for NIL offerings for University of Texas athletes. Apparently it will be a "fair" division based on the value of the program to UT. As an example, football players will get the biggest chunk, followed by baseball and basketball. Interestingly enough, NIL is going to end up being a way to filter money into the pockets of walk on athletes in various sports. In other words, teams like Texas and Ohio State can carry 120 or more athletes for a sport simply by the collective getting those kids NIL deals, even without scholarship. Sweet!

The end of the entire sports systems as we know them is just around the corner. It's going to be just like the Yankees of the 30s through 50s. You got the money, you got the studs.

Of course it won't be the schools making this happen (wink-wink). It will be the collectives, to be fair to these "kids."
Yep The NIL needs rules not a wild west were kids can just get paid cash unchecked.

Tax lawyers are licking their chops for when these guys start skimping on their taxes.

And the Gator collection had $5m in day 1. Oklahoma is paying $50k per year with Oklahoma 1. I digress.

The money is upfront now, and the NCAA has neither the power or the will to do anything.

And the Gator collection had $5m in day 1. Oklahoma is paying $50k per year with Oklahoma 1. I digress.

The money is upfront now, and the NCAA has neither the power or the will to do anything.
It's the haves and have nots.

But you had no knowledge of what NIL was going to do. You talked about it like it was going to be peanuts. Had you information from people who were going to be part of this new flow of money, like it was coming in Texas, you would have known better. When I stated what was going to happen, you dismissed it. I don't suppose you remember?

Oklahoma and Texas didn't join the SEC because they wanted competition. They chose to join because they were confident that the NIL situation was going to change the landscape of football. Both schools have so many silent billionaires surrounding their programs, and they knew they would get windfall money delivered to kids they brought into their programs, through outside sources. To put it bluntly, those two schools alone will more than likely have more NIL money to distribute than the rest of the SEC, if they choose to make it rain money.

I can also state that I have friends who are quite wealthy, who are Baylor grads, and will put up a mill each, to seed a large program for them as well. I don't know about A&M, but I do know there's a lot of them out there with oil money, so expect them to have the bucks as well.

Meanwhile, back in the Big 10, the rich will get richer, and the rest will pound sand.

Back