NIL - Texas style

But you had no knowledge of what NIL was going to do. You talked about it like it was going to be peanuts. Had you information from people who were going to be part of this new flow of money, like it was coming in Texas, you would have known better. When I stated what was going to happen, you dismissed it. I don't suppose you remember?

Oklahoma and Texas didn't join the SEC because they wanted competition. They chose to join because they were confident that the NIL situation was going to change the landscape of football. Both schools have so many silent billionaires surrounding their programs, and they knew they would get windfall money delivered to kids they brought into their programs, through outside sources. To put it bluntly, those two schools alone will more than likely have more NIL money to distribute than the rest of the SEC, if they choose to make it rain money.

I can also state that I have friends who are quite wealthy, who are Baylor grads, and will put up a mill each, to seed a large program for them as well. I don't know about A&M, but I do know there's a lot of them out there with oil money, so expect them to have the bucks as well.

Meanwhile, back in the Big 10, the rich will get richer, and the rest will pound sand.
Texas and Oklahoma went to the SEC because the TV money payout was obscene compared to the Big 12. Numbers don’t lie. See chart below

Back to NIL. Yeah I though it was going to be less but not peanuts. The money is from Collectives which were never part of the discussion months ago. Big Fortune 500 money has been slow to enter the mix for multiple reasons and fact is a good chunk of that corporate $$ is also getting funneled to woman’s sports.

To say that Oklahoma and Texas will have more money than the rest of the SEC is a real reach, if they choose. Florida and Georgia collectives are well healed, same with Tennessee and Alabama. And yes even Kentucky Reality is the rich have been getting richer for decades, now it’s just out for the public to view.

F0994AE0-4BD1-4D54-BE85-C46C972182C8.jpeg

NIL money is quickly going to get out of hand. Was poorly planned on how to deal with it.

But NIL money now just makes it easier to buy players no more hiding it
It’s not much different really, truth told it was never hard. The NCAA turns it’s back on blue bloods ( see Kansas Basketball) so there was never any real enforcement

I kind of get a kick out of how people think states will be able to control NIL money through legislation. It may start that way, but in the end, it all boils down to who does and doesn't have the right to say just how much money a person can earn for their likeness? That's telling people that you can have income control over them. This would be destroyed in the courts.

I kind of get a kick out of how people think states will be able to control NIL money through legislation. It may start that way, but in the end, it all boils down to who does and doesn't have the right to say just how much money a person can earn for their likeness? That's telling people that you can have income control over them. This would be destroyed in the courts.
States don’t control the money. No state legislation was about income caps. The legislation was about kids not being able to access deals related to brands associated to gambling, alcohol, adult entertainment. Also some restrictions such as HS kids and NIL. Most states have amended legislation to make it a bit more uniform. Also some amendments were necessary to be more in compliance with NCAA “guidance”. States learned they were too restrictive and states without legislation were more broad in many cases. And also how agents operate within nil.

Several states have tried to put limits on earnings but at this point states are actually abandoning the laws they wrote because of constitution issues. Before it's over, the NCAA will write some gobbledy gook that won't have any value, and let this run rampant. There is nothing that allows people to restrict the income potential of people for their NIL. The Supreme Court will take care of that.

I wouldn't doubt for a moment that the issue with Arch Manning is a combination of right school as a fit, and the one where boosters have an NIL deal ready to go that will guarantee him he'll be a millionaire the day he steps on campus.

The amazing thing is that these kids are going to make more money in college over their 4-5 years than some will for the decade after they get out of school. It's amazing.

It’s not much different really, truth told it was never hard. The NCAA turns it’s back on blue bloods ( see Kansas Basketball) so there was never any real enforcement
Yeah but seems now it's just flaunt it if you got it. Not even try to hide it

Back