NIL - Texas style

They should be scared. A lot of the money being handed to athletic departments is going to end up in the hands of the athletes, not the schools. They're going to have to find ways to adjust their expenditures to minimize the impact.

For schools like Texas, and OSU, it's going to be considerable, but in Texas, there will be more money available. All the school officials have to do is kiss the rings of the ultra wealthy. They peel off a million dollars down here like it was chump change. How it plays out with Ohio State, I don't know.

I wonder if this is going to end up creating serious cut backs in the salaries paid to head coaches. In all honesty, I've never believed a college head football coach was worth over $6 mill a year, and I don't give a darn who he is.

I see the entire landscape of college football changing dramatically.
The coaches salary thing is a valid issue but the reality is in most cases the base is low and the majority comes from shoe deals (Nike / UA) and outside sources. As an example the UW Foundation pays for a nice portion of coaches and coordinators pay. The B1G has an advantage because of BTN and how much each school gets from that but the ACC / Big 12 are not as fortunate

The coaches salary thing is a valid issue but the reality is in most cases the base is low and the majority comes from shoe deals (Nike / UA) and outside sources. As an example the UW Foundation pays for a nice portion of coaches and coordinators pay. The B1G has an advantage because of BTN and how much each school gets from that but the ACC / Big 12 are not as fortunate
Expect a chunk of that coach's money coming from Nike, etc, to be deflected to the players.

Expect a chunk of that coach's money coming from Nike, etc, to be deflected to the players.
That’s going to be difficult do to existing contract language. And then it gets interesting on how those deals get verbiage on how money is distributed on renewal or extension.

Nike would be smart to keep the money flow to the school, brand image and IP are too valuable. Then have a separate collective for players. Some states will have to alter their laws to allow IP but that’s not an obstacle.

Nike or UA wants a guy like Saban at Bama or Day at OSU. Wins mean exposure. Same with Cal @ Kentucky

Heard this today ….

Because collectives and donors are essentially disguising salaries as marketing deals, agents are getting 15-20%+ on commissions and encouraging athletes to transfer, even if it's not in their client's best interest.

A quote ..
“Lot of folks reaching out to coaching staffs on behalf of specific players, brokering deals/terms and then having players go into the portal once it’s a done deal. Out of control. A nice go behind to avoid tampering”

Heard this today ….

Because collectives and donors are essentially disguising salaries as marketing deals, agents are getting 15-20%+ on commissions and encouraging athletes to transfer, even if it's not in their client's best interest.

A quote ..
“Lot of folks reaching out to coaching staffs on behalf of specific players, brokering deals/terms and then having players go into the portal once it’s a done deal. Out of control. A nice go behind to avoid tampering”
All about the money no matter what

Heard this today ….

A quote ..
I believe this is what I said a long time ago. Players will end up being recruited by the money. Even if it isn't a direct recruitment, one call, from anyone, telling a kid who's at ... let's say South Dakota State, that he can make $75k at Texas, instead of the $5k he's getting where he's at, and guess what? Yup. Just like everyone else in real world jobs. You jump ship, and go where the money takes you.

Then there's the Arch Mannings of the world. Nobody's talking about it. But rest assured, for him to make a final decision, he's going to have a personal NIL deal on the table that's going to make him a millionaire, and guarantee he gets the money all the time he's in college.

This has gone exactly where I said it was. Let's face it. College sports, especially football, basketball, and baseball, have become feeder teams for the pros. All that's missing is calling them the minor leagues.

I believe this is what I said a long time ago. Players will end up being recruited by the money. Even if it isn't a direct recruitment, one call, from anyone, telling a kid who's at ... let's say South Dakota State, that he can make $75k at Texas, instead of the $5k he's getting where he's at, and guess what? Yup. Just like everyone else in real world jobs. You jump ship, and go where the money takes you.

Then there's the Arch Mannings of the world. Nobody's talking about it. But rest assured, for him to make a final decision, he's going to have a personal NIL deal on the table that's going to make him a millionaire, and guarantee he gets the money all the time he's in college.

This has gone exactly where I said it was. Let's face it. College sports, especially football, basketball, and baseball, have become feeder teams for the pros. All that's missing is calling them the minor leagues.
They have been feeder leagues for decades. Now that said nobody had the foresight to know what collectives would do and their impact. The general rule of thumb was that booster organizations would become the money source and with the NCAA watching there would be some oversight from compliance. Well since collectives were formed compliance be damned. They have no oversight.

What I see in the next 12-18 months is the NCAA will bully it’s way and level allegations against some schools to try and rope this in. Technically they have jurisdiction and if they can find a wiff of inducements they will try it. The litmus test will be are their current guidelines enforceable.

Saw recent a player who got like 800K NIL deal. Heck soon NIL money could be more then they make starting out as pros

Back