NIL - Texas style

But he's not wrong it's the have and have not's. You have the money to throw around you are going to buy the top kids will have about 10-12 schools that will have the money to do so.
It’s been that way for decades. What’s changed. Nothing

It’s been that way for decades. What’s changed. Nothing
Actually it has changed dramatically. Whereas the money that was thrown around in the past was under the table, it had to be limited, and well hidden. Today? It's a wide open market, and there is no limit.

There will be conferences, and particular schools, who will benefit the most, and they will end up the winners almost every year.

This is turning into the perfect "pressure cooker that failed" scenario. It's only a question of how many years it takes before it explodes.

Actually it has changed dramatically. Whereas the money that was thrown around in the past was under the table, it had to be limited, and well hidden. Today? It's a wide open market, and there is no limit.

There will be conferences, and particular schools, who will benefit the most, and they will end up the winners almost every year.

This is turning into the perfect "pressure cooker that failed" scenario. It's only a question of how many years it takes before it explodes.
I don’t disagree with this. My point was the money has always been there, and honestly I don’t think it was limited. Hidden yes but if you wanted a kid just pay. The Fed wiretaps of Arizona and Kansas basketball exposed the underbelly. Same thing was happening in football.

Personally it’s already exploded. The SI story is a good read today on how they (administrations) want to put the genie back in the bottle (good luck with that)

It's too bad people didn't see the light way back when a few of us who knew what was happening behind the scenes were talking about it. This whole thing wouldn't be turning into the mess it's becoming.

But, it doesn't matter. People still don't see where this is going. The information I'm getting makes where we're at now look like it's nothing more than a chump change situation. The income levels, for kids in college, will actually be higher than that of a middle to low round draft pick in the NFL. Combine their NIL money with the cost value of a college education, and you'll see where it's heading.

To those, who aren't accepting all of this, watch for some states and the federal government to start looking into making the NIL and scholarship monies all part of income, and taxable. That's going to be a hornets nest.

Some schools be like Oprea you get a NIL you get a NIL everyone is getting a NIL.

It's too bad people didn't see the light way back when a few of us who knew what was happening behind the scenes were talking about it. This whole thing wouldn't be turning into the mess it's becoming.

But, it doesn't matter. People still don't see where this is going. The information I'm getting makes where we're at now look like it's nothing more than a chump change situation. The income levels, for kids in college, will actually be higher than that of a middle to low round draft pick in the NFL. Combine their NIL money with the cost value of a college education, and you'll see where it's heading.

To those, who aren't accepting all of this, watch for some states and the federal government to start looking into making the NIL and scholarship monies all part of income, and taxable. That's going to be a hornets nest.
Nobody saw collectives coming. Nobody. States enacted laws based on how boosters would operate. Not some “off line “ bankroll.

Right now NIL money is taxable, making scholarships taxable is tricky since many are gifts and/or endowments. Then you get into private institutions vs public institutions and are kids state employees. I doubt the Feds get involved. It’s a states rights issue

One issue that’s getting some attention is how NIL deals are written. I have heard that some require the athlete to sign over his IP until he leaves school. Major mistake.

Nobody saw collectives coming. Nobody. States enacted laws based on how boosters would operate. Not some “off line “ bankroll.

Right now NIL money is taxable, making scholarships taxable is tricky since many are gifts and/or endowments. Then you get into private institutions vs public institutions and are kids state employees. I doubt the Feds get involved. It’s a states rights issue
Some kids are going to have 6-7 figures in the bank before ever going pro

Back