NIL - Texas style

That’s not the point I was making with the previous post.
Just saying this needs to be handled better it's getting to be a joke how money is being thrown around. Need more restrictions.

Just saying this needs to be handled better it's getting to be a joke how money is being thrown around. Need more restrictions.
What restrictions? Your not going to cap $$, that’s a lawsuit wanting to happen

So now more money can be thrown around by boosters as they have a legal way to do it now.
Banning collectives is a lawsuit waiting to happen on multiple levels. The genie is out of the bottle. The NCAA sat on its ass hoping states and congress would enact laws. Shortsighted

And if the NCAA cared about integrity, they just gave a championship trophy to a school and coach who are being investigated by the Feds.

I remember when this all started I talked about how boosters would find a way to abuse this for recruiting purposes. The party line in a lot of places was that these would mostly be legitimate marketing deals where the person paying got real value from being associated with a visible player. So much for that. It's quickly turning into a booster money free-for-all, not unlike what I was worried about at the time.

I don't really care too much, because this will still mostly leave the non-competitive college football landscape in exactly the same condition it's already in. Maybe a handful of programs will benefit from the ability to milk their well-heeled alums for cash to buy players, but in the end I suspect the haves and have nots won't change very much.

I remember when this all started I talked about how boosters would find a way to abuse this for recruiting purposes. The party line in a lot of places was that these would mostly be legitimate marketing deals where the person paying got real value from being associated with a visible player. So much for that. It's quickly turning into a booster money free-for-all, not unlike what I was worried about at the time.

I don't really care too much, because this will still mostly leave the non-competitive college football landscape in exactly the same condition it's already in. Maybe a handful of programs will benefit from the ability to milk their well-heeled alums for cash to buy players, but in the end I suspect the haves and have nots won't change very much.
Exactly. OSU, Bama , Florida, Georgia, Texas are not going away. NIL won’t fix some of the recruiting challenges at Wisconsin or Iowa. We’ve seen this movie multiple times over the years

Exactly. OSU, Bama , Florida, Georgia, Texas are not going away. NIL won’t fix some of the recruiting challenges at Wisconsin or Iowa. We’ve seen this movie multiple times over the years
To me it makes recuiting even harder. Now money can be handed out free and clear so you can even get more boosters while schools like Iowa and UW will struggle to find them.

To me it makes recuiting even harder. Now money can be handed out free and clear so you can even get more boosters while schools like Iowa and UW will struggle to find them.
Money has been handed out for decades don’t be naive. Read Bootleggers Boy.

Back