NIL - Texas style

"It's not supposed to be something where people come and make money and you make a decision about where you go to school based on how much money you're going to make." - Saban

Anyone else see the irony in a Head Coach, making millions, saying this?
THIS !!

Anyone who is advocating capping NIL or putting restrictions on earning better be on board with caps on coaches salaries. Institutions and conferences have made millions over the decades on not just results on the field but jerseys and merchandise, tickets and PSL’s.

THIS !!

Anyone who is advocating capping NIL or putting restrictions on earning better be on board with caps on coaches salaries. Institutions and conferences have made millions over the decades on not just results on the field but jerseys and merchandise, tickets and PSL’s.
Gets are supposed to go to college to get a education not get rich

I support gets can get paid for use of name and such but NIL are turning out for pay for play

Gets are supposed to go to college to get a education not get rich
Your living in a cave then. Sorry to be so blunt. They their end game is to play in the NFL not working in a cubicle 9-5

I support gets can get paid for use of name and such but NIL are turning out for pay for play
No kid is getting paid on results, or playing time. That’s play for pay. And no you want a cap on pay. So fine cap coaches then too

Your living in a cave then. Sorry to be so blunt. They their end game is to play in the NFL not working in a cubicle 9-5
But you have how small of amount that will go to NFL/NBA. Vast majority are going to college to use their education.

No kid is getting paid on results, or playing time. That’s play for pay. And no you want a cap on pay. So fine cap coaches then too
But a freshman going to school whos done nothing he's getting paid to go to that college

And you think kids realize that going in ? Come on
I sure would hope the vast majoirty do. You go to college thinking you are going to NFL you are pretty stupid.

Back