NIL - Texas style

There are way too many de-commits, and players in the transfer portal to say that money isn't speaking louder than education. For some of these kids, the chance at a six-figure income for four or five years in college, along with a degree, is going to be by far, the highlight of their entire career. Many will never make this money in a year, again. Those that know that going into the pros is not going to be an option, may be more than happy to red shirt, so they can get another year of income. The whole landscape of college sports has been changed, forever.

I just heard a rumor yesterday that there are two A&M boosters that are willing to put up $5 mill a year each, to augment their men's football, basketball, and baseball teams. True or not doesn't matter, but it did get me thinking about something else.

When donors start handing out all this NIL money to athletes, how long will it be before the women's athletic programs at these schools find players becoming restless, and joining in a nationwide suit against the donors for equal pay?

We can say it can't happen, but since Title IX is getting such a broad interpretation, and applies to any institution with aid programs, you just don't know where this will go.
And there’s still over 1,400 kids in the portal so obviously the grass is greener stuff is not working.

As to female athletes they are getting payed some actually very well. And pay equality is only an issue when student - athletes become employees. 1099 employees have minimal to no rights or leverage, as someone who has done contract work and has hired contractors i know that for a fact.

Ok then what happened
It’s actually simple.

Pitt was never an option. PSU already gave the B1G the Pittsburgh TV market. Syracuse is not an AAU school which is an unwritten “rule” to join and the Syracuse / upstate NY TV market is not worth it.

Just a bunch of media hack throwing crap against the wall

Back