NIL - Texas style

Remember how I mentioned even a walk-on could get scholarship money in the new NIL deal? Remember how I said the schools would be in cahoots with them?

I'm going to stick with my sources, who have NEVER been proved wrong on anything I've stated about where the NIL deal is, and is going. Whole bull that was being thrown at me about how schools aren't involved, and about just a few bucks being involved, was, and is, pure nonsense.

Now, you can tell me how "state laws," and "common sense" will rule, but that's pure horse crap. There are states that will not, under any circumstances, step in to stop student athletes from making money, and there are states that may do so at the start, but will open up, because they fear voter reprisal for turning their beloved sports teams into doormats.

Like a friend of mine down here in Texas said, when he read the article about what's happening at BYU. First he laughed, and said; "That's chicken feed. Wait to see what we got to offer these kids! Anything the rest can do, we can do better, and the state won't do anything but support what we want. They ain't got the balls to stand up to Texas money, because it's what got them there in the first place."

Think nice 5 figure incomes on top of tuition for a walk-on, in football, and a little less for basketball and baseball. Getting the picture yet? The words "preferred walk-on" has taken on a whole new meaning, and it's nearly as good a deal as the guy who has the designated athletic scholarship.

BYU - Tuition payments

Remember how I mentioned even a walk-on could get scholarship money in the new NIL deal? Remember how I said the schools would be in cahoots with them?

I'm going to stick with my sources, who have NEVER been proved wrong on anything I've stated about where the NIL deal is, and is going. Whole bull that was being thrown at me about how schools aren't involved, and about just a few bucks being involved, was, and is, pure nonsense.

Now, you can tell me how "state laws," and "common sense" will rule, but that's pure horse crap. There are states that will not, under any circumstances, step in to stop student athletes from making money, and there are states that may do so at the start, but will open up, because they fear voter reprisal for turning their beloved sports teams into doormats.

Like a friend of mine down here in Texas said, when he read the article about what's happening at BYU. First he laughed, and said; "That's chicken feed. Wait to see what we got to offer these kids! Anything the rest can do, we can do better, and the state won't do anything but support what we want. They ain't got the balls to stand up to Texas money, because it's what got them there in the first place."

Think nice 5 figure incomes on top of tuition for a walk-on, in football, and a little less for basketball and baseball. Getting the picture yet? The words "preferred walk-on" has taken on a whole new meaning, and it's nearly as good a deal as the guy who has the designated athletic scholarship.

BYU - Tuition payments
Yep all kids now are now paid pros from the kid at the bottom to the kid at the top. You don't give even the lowest kid on the totum pole something they will enter transfer portal and go to school that will.

BYU - Tuition payments
I’ll trust my sources. It’s all good

Back