GB receiving corps

Respectfully I don't think you can use they went, (insert record here) in prior seasons as a premise to say that OL play won't be a factor. I've seen returning teams in multiple sports do that only to come back in a later season and poo the bed.

If Rodgers gets pressured he throws off the mark or he ad libs,thats where things go south for us.
I said “it’s not ideal. But it’s not doomsday either.”
In a perfect world, both Bak and Jenkins are back and healthy in Week 1.
But we know that won’t be the case for Jenkins (at least).
What I was referring to was how well the staff (Stenovich especially) and OL made the substitutions and adjustments work to keep the team in winning mode last year.
I realize every year is different and last years results are not guaranteed.
I was merely saying that I believe they will have a plan in place to address an unwanted scenario of both Bak and Jenkins not being available on Week 1 and that the product they put on the field won’t be disaster.

They are fast but does not mean a thing if you can't seperate. I don't understand the dislike it seems many have for Watkins and people wanting him gone. I rather keep him over some 7th round pick like Toure or a UDFA bust like Winfree.
Watkins issue is being able to stay healthy.
If gets any kind of ding or nick in training camp I think it really hurts his ability to make the roster.
His signing was an insurance policy in case they didn’t draft well at WR.
I hope he makes the roster but count me as a healthy skeptical.

Watkins issue is being able to stay healthy.
If gets any kind of ding or nick in training camp I think it really hurts his ability to make the roster.
His signing was an insurance policy in case they didn’t draft well at WR.
I hope he makes the roster but count me as a healthy skeptical.
Heard if they cut him it only costs us $300,000.

I rather keep him over some 7th round pick like Toure or a UDFA bust like Winfree.

recent juwann winfree quote: "I want to become one of the best route runners in the NFL. And I feel like there’s not a guy out there who can guard me."

I like Sammy too, but he wasn't at the voluntary workouts, that's why people question him.

I go Tuore, Winfree, Taylor for that last slot, but I think there will be an extra spot, someone will get hurt so two of these guys could get on.
Winfree to me is not even roster worth. He's UDFA for a reason. He had a good pre-season but when given chances in regualer season showed why he was a UDFA.

recent juwann winfree quote: "I want to become one of the best route runners in the NFL. And I feel like there’s not a guy out there who can guard me."
Yeah that's why he was a UDFA and did nothing in regular season. To look good in pre-season against scrubs is one thing. Doing in regular season is another. Talent matters. I just think he's a PS guy at best to bring up to fill in for a injury at best. It's debatable if Taylor is even a better project to keep as a developmental player.

What I was referring to was how well the staff (Stenovich especially) and OL made the substitutions and adjustments work to keep the team in winning mode last year.
Keep in mind he's moved up into the OC spot, a different guy in the OL room, may not be a big deal but let's not count our chickens before they hatch... it's akin to betting your balls on the Packers, ask RP how well that works out ;)

Sorry RP too good not to use LOL

Yeah that's why he was a UDFA and did nothing in regular season. To look good in pre-season against scrubs is one thing. Doing in regular season is another. Talent matters. I just think he's a PS guy at best to bring up to fill in for a injury at best. It's debatable if Taylor is even a better project to keep as a developmental player.
He looked all right in live bullets. Best #6 in the league.

I think the thing that's key beyond the OL, which itself is another thread is separation vs a physical group of CB. If a team can jam our WR off the route and they can't separate then regardless of the OL they will get pressure.

While I don't at all disagree with the OL being important, to me establishing a run game and sticking with it is the whole key to their offensive success this year. sb(tc(

PS

I saw RB post on shout that ranks our WR 2nd to last, I think that's a bit Debbie downer but they are NOT top 10 in any way, shape or form either.

Back