GB receiving corps

I think this year will see lot of dink and dunk 20 yard or less stuff. Unless someone surprises I don't see a person getting seperation much for deep ball

Someone else already touched on this, but I think this season may ultimately come down to how the O-line performs. If they run blok better than last season it will give Jones/Dillon more opportunities to put the offense in favorable down and distance situations which opens up more of the playbook on 2nd and 3rd down and forces the defense to be more honest.

Similarly, good pass blocking will allow AR time to see the field and time for WRs to get open. Especially important when you have less than premier talent at the WR position.

Still, you can't be effective unless you have a couple of guys that force the defense to honor the deeper routes/throws. Without that it'll be like the 49ers game all season long - low scoring slugfests.

Someone else already touched on this, but I think this season may ultimately come down to how the O-line performs. If they run blok better than last season it will give Jones/Dillon more opportunities to put the offense in favorable down and distance situations which opens up more of the playbook on 2nd and 3rd down and forces the defense to be more honest.

Similarly, good pass blocking will allow AR time to see the field and time for WRs to get open. Especially important when you have less than premier talent at the WR position.

Still, you can't be effective unless you have a couple of guys that force the defense to honor the deeper routes/throws. Without that it'll be like the 49ers game all season long - low scoring slugfests.
Start of the season could be hairy as good chance Jenkins is not ready and who knows if Bak will look like himself of old.

Start of the season could be hairy as good chance Jenkins is not ready and who knows if Bak will look like himself of old.
Packers went 5-1 (with meaningless loss to DET in week 17) without Bak and Jenkins.
I’m sure they have some kind of plan in place for the start of the season in case neither is ready.
I know it’s not ideal, but it’s not doomsday either.

Overall roster construction is going to be very interesting - I think it will be a little different on the fringes because of special teams.

Cobb not being much of a ST contributor anymore is a minus for him, (I bet Doubs is the PR) but maybe Bisaccia finds a role for him and Amari. You have to get ST contributions from your receivers, so I'd think Watson and Doubs get cracks at KR and PR respectively. Toure might not make the cut -- it depends on Watkins and Amari. If either of them are lemons he could stick. As it is I have trouble seeing them keeping more than 6 on the roster, which is bad news for Winfree and Taylor. Cobb stays. Amari is on the bubble but I think Gute pushes hard for him to stay as a R3 pick last year, else they will ship in out in a trade for another player who is flaming out on some other team (i.e., the Josh Jackson special). Lazard and Watkins go into camp as the presumptive top WRs, and if Sammy has anything in the tank he'll stick.

You're probably looking at Lazard, Watkins, Cobb, Watson, Doubs, and Amari as your 6, with Toure and Winfree as your PS guys if they clear waivers.

I think Tonyan will be back, and maybe Davis/Deguara give them something but I don't expect them to become overnight sensations. Lewis is a slightly undersized OT you can catch, at this point. Dafney is a Deguara clone who might push him for snaps and can play ST, could easily be the odd man out. If Tonyan isn't ready for Week 1 I could see him stick. Davis/Deguara will continue to play ST... TE and LBs usually have the mix of size/speed the ST coaches like running down the field.

Hardly a murderer's row of receivers, and a far cry from the 2011 squad (Driver, Jennings, Nelson, Jones, rookie Cobb w/ Finley as a featured TE).

I think this year will see lot of dink and dunk 20 yard or less stuff. Unless someone surprises I don't see a person getting seperation much for deep ball
Watson, Doubs. How does Sammy run these days? Like someone else said, it's not unthinkable he could get cut. We'll see how much juice he's got.

Tyler Goodson could be a jet sweep guy.

At least one of these young guys will step up on the OL.

Watson, Doubs. How does Sammy run these days? Like someone else said, it's not unthinkable he could get cut. We'll see how much juice he's got.

Tyler Goodson could be a jet sweep guy.
They are fast but does not mean a thing if you can't seperate. I don't understand the dislike it seems many have for Watkins and people wanting him gone. I rather keep him over some 7th round pick like Toure or a UDFA bust like Winfree.

They are fast but does not mean a thing if you can't seperate. I don't understand the dislike it seems many have for Watkins and people wanting him gone. I rather keep him over some 7th round pick like Toure or a UDFA bust like Winfree.
I like Sammy too, but he wasn't at the voluntary workouts, that's why people question him.

I go Tuore, Winfree, Taylor for that last slot, but I think there will be an extra spot, someone will get hurt so two of these guys could get on.

Packers went 5-1 (with meaningless loss to DET in week 17) without Bak and Jenkins.
I’m sure they have some kind of plan in place for the start of the season in case neither is ready.
I know it’s not ideal, but it’s not doomsday either.
Respectfully I don't think you can use they went, (insert record here) in prior seasons as a premise to say that OL play won't be a factor. I've seen returning teams in multiple sports do that only to come back in a later season and poo the bed.

If Rodgers gets pressured he throws off the mark or he ad libs,thats where things go south for us.

Back