Bucks slow start?

I can't accept the theory that the 2021 Bucks are better than the 2020 version. I don't care about Holiday being out. All I care about is how well they play when one of their secondary level stars are out, and to be honest, they stink on defense. Teams are constantly exploiting their lack of speed, and inability to cover the court. They get burnt by anyone who can throw up 3s.

As for Bud, he's not a good coach. He thinks tinkering with combinations on the floor makes them better, but they never settle into a consistent game because of it.

I've reached a point where I believe this team has now become a second level team, and not anywhere near the caliber of last year. Their make-over with Holiday was a mistake. They are getting blown out by teams that quite frankly they would have blown out last year. That doesn't speak of getting better.

I think the window is gone. They have now reverted back to being a good team with not enough to win championships. We've lived with that for a long time, and it's back again. Don't be surprised if they start seeing players walking away as soon as possible. Even the way they're utilized in games has caused problems. People like Lopez, Connaughton, and DiVincenzo are now like ducks out of water. You can even see it in their demeanor on the court.

It's too late to say they're learning to work together. It ain't never happening with this roster, or this coach.
If the Bucks fail to get to the NBA finals I could very well see coach Bud get canned as if he can't get this team to the finals you need to try to find one that can.

I can't accept the theory that the 2021 Bucks are better than the 2020 version. I don't care about Holiday being out. All I care about is how well they play when one of their secondary level stars are out, and to be honest, they stink on defense. Teams are constantly exploiting their lack of speed, and inability to cover the court. They get burnt by anyone who can throw up 3s.

As for Bud, he's not a good coach. He thinks tinkering with combinations on the floor makes them better, but they never settle into a consistent game because of it.

I've reached a point where I believe this team has now become a second level team, and not anywhere near the caliber of last year. Their make-over with Holiday was a mistake. They are getting blown out by teams that quite frankly they would have blown out last year. That doesn't speak of getting better.

I think the window is gone. They have now reverted back to being a good team with not enough to win championships. We've lived with that for a long time, and it's back again. Don't be surprised if they start seeing players walking away as soon as possible. Even the way they're utilized in games has caused problems. People like Lopez, Connaughton, and DiVincenzo are now like ducks out of water. You can even see it in their demeanor on the court.

It's too late to say they're learning to work together. It ain't never happening with this roster, or this coach.
disagree... Holiday is an upgrade over Bledsoe, DiVincenzo is an upgrade over Matthews.

Maybe we are spoiled. This team just won 5 in a row, beat a damn good Clippers team and a loss to Denver is a bad thing? Really only the playoffs matter, Lakers just lost 6 of the last 10.

So Bucks got PJ Tucker who will help on the defesive end but now need to find a PG. Bucks have about $3.5 million in cap room to go pick up someone before the trade deadline. But with little to nothing left asset wise to trade MKE might have to go check the buyout or FA market. One name I see being banded about is Issah Thomas. Thomas would not be horrible to use as a backup PG. I also saw the name Austin Rivers for a trade as he has pretty much lost all his minutes in NY once they traded for Derrick Rose. Perhaps a future 2nd round pick could get him.

So Bucks got PJ Tucker who will help on the defesive end but now need to find a PG. Bucks have about $3.5 million in cap room to go pick up someone before the trade deadline. But with little to nothing left asset wise to trade MKE might have to go check the buyout or FA market. One name I see being banded about is Issah Thomas. Thomas would not be horrible to use as a backup PG. I also saw the name Austin Rivers for a trade as he has pretty much lost all his minutes in NY once they traded for Derrick Rose. Perhaps a future 2nd round pick could get him.
Rivers is more a combo guard. Not sure that fits. Thomas might be ok ....Jordan McLaughlin is interesting if Minnesota wants to move him.

Interesting the Bucks only have 2 players they have drafted in the last 10+ drafts from the 1st round on their roster 2013 Giannis and 2018 DiVincizo. Part of reason Bucks are hard capped as they have had to go out and sign or trade for guys to build a good roster as they have not drafted very well over the last decade besides getting lucky and getting a once in a generation player in Giannis.

Interesting the Bucks only have 2 players they have drafted in the last 10+ drafts from the 1st round on their roster 2013 Giannis and 2018 DiVincizo. Part of reason Bucks are hard capped as they have had to go out and sign or trade for guys to build a good roster as they have not drafted very well over the last decade besides getting lucky and getting a once in a generation player in Giannis.
Drafting Giannis was not luck so theres that. And looking at it from a 20/20 perspective IF they had drafted well would Giannis even be here? The big reason that are in the situation they are and probably 15 other teams are also is that the culture of the league forces you to spend on 2-3 stars to be competitive

Drafting Giannis was not luck so theres that. And looking at it from a 20/20 perspective IF they had drafted well would Giannis even be here? The big reason that are in the situation they are and probably 15 other teams are also is that the culture of the league forces you to spend on 2-3 stars to be competitive
Thing is you have to question though have the Bucks ever got that top tier guy next to Giannis. Middleton is good but I don't know if he is one of those elite players that super teams have as their 2nd star. Holliday of course he's not elite but he is the good #3 that teams need but question is will he want to stay in MKE? I have no doubt the Bucks will offer him a max contract but will he be happy here or will he want to go to a team that can maybe put him in a bigger role. Bucks lose him they will have given up a ton for a rental player.

Thing is you have to question though have the Bucks ever got that top tier guy next to Giannis. Middleton is good but I don't know if he is one of those elite players that super teams have as their 2nd star. Holliday of course he's not elite but he is the good #3 that teams need but question is will he want to stay in MKE? I have no doubt the Bucks will offer him a max contract but will he be happy here or will he want to go to a team that can maybe put him in a bigger role. Bucks lose him they will have given up a ton for a rental player.
Yes Middleton is good and elite enough, its how he fits the system and how his midrange game frees up space for Giannis. You are way undervaluing Holiday and I can make a case he's more important to this team than Middleton and let's get this out of the way, will stay in Milwaukee the same way I never thought Giannis would leave.

Yes Middleton is good and elite enough, its how he fits the system and how his midrange game frees up space for Giannis. You are way undervaluing Holiday and I can make a case he's more important to this team than Middleton and let's get this out of the way, will stay in Milwaukee the same way I never thought Giannis would leave.
as my neighbor (Mavs radio voice) would say about the Bucks, the last few years they've been very good during the regular season, but as the intensity increases during the playoffs, their lack of defending the 3 is exposed (he doesn't like Bud's defensive philosophy). Plus - in my opinion, the defense against them gets more intense/physical, and they don't match that intensity.

as my neighbor (Mavs radio voice) would say about the Bucks, the last few years they've been very good during the regular season, but as the intensity increases during the playoffs, their lack of defending the 3 is exposed (he doesn't like Bud's defensive philosophy). Plus - in my opinion, the defense against them gets more intense/physical, and they don't match that intensity.
The defense this year has been a work in progress. Holiday and Tucker are both much better with switching than Bled and Matthews were and its not even close. Last year they did very little switching and it hurt them. I think the addition of Holiday is the key to the playoffs, hes so much better than Bledsoe

Back