Bucks slow start?

This Bucks team looks like it has got worse this year not better from last year. This is team is not playing good. 3 losses in a row.

This Bucks team looks like it has got worse this year not better from last year. This is team is not playing good. 3 losses in a row.
Not sure if you watched any of the road trip but they are not playing bad basketball. Played well @ Phoenix, no shame in losing to Utah (22-5) who has won 7 straight. Last night was the last game of a 6 game road trip and they had no energy at all. Oh and the last 3 played without Holiday. All that matters is the playoffs

Not sure if you watched any of the road trip but they are not playing bad basketball. Played well @ Phoenix, no shame in losing to Utah (22-5) who has won 7 straight. Last night was the last game of a 6 game road trip and they had no energy at all. Oh and the last 3 played without Holiday. All that matters is the playoffs

those are all great excuses. but his point is valid: the bucks look like they have gotten worse, not better.

those are all great excuses. but his point is valid: the bucks look like they have gotten worse, not better.
not an excuse, they have installed a new defense thats a work in progress, a new bench rotation and 2 new starters and have played the last 3 games without Holiday and are the #2 seed in the east. Oh and they won 5 in a row before the last 3. They played really well at PHX without Holiday and if Giannis hits a 15 foot shot at the buzzer they win.

I think the bench might have got worse compared to last year.

I think the bench might have got worse compared to last year.
How? Portis is an upgrade over Lopez and its not even close, Augustin is ok, probably a step down from Hill, Forbes is a wash with Korver and a better defender, Craig shoots the ball well

I think Matthews was valuable on a leadership level.

I think Matthews was valuable on a leadership level.
Matthews started, he was not off the bench. You have leadership from Giannis, Holiday. He also only gave you 7 PPG and shot less than 40%

I can't accept the theory that the 2021 Bucks are better than the 2020 version. I don't care about Holiday being out. All I care about is how well they play when one of their secondary level stars are out, and to be honest, they stink on defense. Teams are constantly exploiting their lack of speed, and inability to cover the court. They get burnt by anyone who can throw up 3s.

As for Bud, he's not a good coach. He thinks tinkering with combinations on the floor makes them better, but they never settle into a consistent game because of it.

I've reached a point where I believe this team has now become a second level team, and not anywhere near the caliber of last year. Their make-over with Holiday was a mistake. They are getting blown out by teams that quite frankly they would have blown out last year. That doesn't speak of getting better.

I think the window is gone. They have now reverted back to being a good team with not enough to win championships. We've lived with that for a long time, and it's back again. Don't be surprised if they start seeing players walking away as soon as possible. Even the way they're utilized in games has caused problems. People like Lopez, Connaughton, and DiVincenzo are now like ducks out of water. You can even see it in their demeanor on the court.

It's too late to say they're learning to work together. It ain't never happening with this roster, or this coach.

Back