Bucks slow start?

The defense this year has been a work in progress. Holiday and Tucker are both much better with switching than Bled and Matthews were and its not even close. Last year they did very little switching and it hurt them. I think the addition of Holiday is the key to the playoffs, hes so much better than Bledsoe
Since Tucker is known for his D (and can shoot the corner 3) - when he's out there the defense should be better.

Since Tucker is known for his D (and can shoot the corner 3) - when he's out there the defense should be better.
Holiday is a much better defender than Bledsoe also. He can really guard 1,2 and 3 effectively and in a pinch a small 4

Bucks G-Leaguer Mamadi Diakite named All NBA G League 1st team.

Bucks had hot start after the all-star game winning 6 in a row but now have dropped 3 in a row. I question if they can win a title as it just seems this team is to inconsitant at times this year.

Bucks had hot start after the all-star game winning 6 in a row but now have dropped 3 in a row. I question if they can win a title as it just seems this team is to inconsitant at times this year.
they actually had won 8 in a row after beating the Celtics last week, then lost to the Celtics in the back to back. Sat most of the big guns against the Knicks, and then lost last night to a very good Clippers team that shot 19 of 34 (56%) from the 3 pt line. Not sure I'm ready to declare them non-contenders quite yet.

they actually had won 8 in a row after beating the Celtics last week, then lost to the Celtics in the back to back. Sat most of the big guns against the Knicks, and then lost last night to a very good Clippers team that shot 19 of 34 (56%) from the 3 pt line. Not sure I'm ready to declare them non-contenders quite yet.
Not sure just seems like they are not as dominate as past couple seasons and Nets and 76ers both are better this year. The East is tough this year and I think Bucks will have hard time making it out of the East.

They are contenders. It’s not even a debate actually

You only have to be consistent enough to win 4 out of 7 in each round of the playoffs. You can afford short term lapses in play. Over the last two playoffs, the Bucks have failed miserably in trying to find any consistency. Everything changed on them from what it was during the regular season. For openers, the playoffs are way more physical, and the officials don't usually call it too tight, allowing them to play on.

The Bucks just weren't able to adjust to that game. Can they now? We're going to have to wait and see.

You only have to be consistent enough to win 4 out of 7 in each round of the playoffs. You can afford short term lapses in play. Over the last two playoffs, the Bucks have failed miserably in trying to find any consistency. Everything changed on them from what it was during the regular season. For openers, the playoffs are way more physical, and the officials don't usually call it too tight, allowing them to play on.

The Bucks just weren't able to adjust to that game. Can they now? We're going to have to wait and see.
One thing will switching up on defense help them in the playoffs.

Reactions: TW
Milwaukee now has 2 guys who understand the concept of switching on defense and playing weak side help....Tucker & Holiday. That’s going to help considerably. I give last year a mulligan. The team was playing very well prior to the shutdown and just had no rhythm once they hit the bubble. The prior year they destroyed Boston in the playoffs and were up 2-0 on Toronto before they lost it. This team is a better mix than last year, more athletic. Better at PG and bench is considerably better.

Reactions: TW
Back