2024 Draft Thread

just an observation here: most "experts" are projecting dejean to be a safety, not a cornerback. and they say his strength is as a high cover safety not as a safety that plays near the line of scrimmage. and even though i really like barton for the packers, he is being labeled a center by most of the pundits, not a tackle. but for the packers, that is a great fit if he can play center, guard and swing tackle, that kind of versatility can really help us. if barton is still available at 25, i would jump at that.

just an observation here: most "experts" are projecting dejean to be a safety, not a cornerback. and they say his strength is as a high cover safety not as a safety that plays near the line of scrimmage. and even though i really like barton for the packers, he is being labeled a center by most of the pundits, not a tackle. but for the packers, that is a great fit if he can play center, guard and swing tackle, that kind of versatility can really help us. if barton is still available at 25, i would jump at that.
Yep I have been saying there are questions about DeJean being able to play CB at the NFL level with him being projected to a Safety and he never played that at Iowa. Questions if he can make the cuts needed to play CB. Also Iowa was a zone scheme. They say Hafley scheme is man. So all of this shows why DeJean is not a fit for the Packers but the homers on X will still keep screaming for him to be a "dream" pick.

Smoke right now saying the 1st 4 picks could be locked in

1. Williams
2. Daniels
3. Maye
4. Harrison

Cardinals want a kings ransom for pick 4 and if the top 3 QB's go off the board no one is giving up 3 1st to get JJ McCarthy.

After 4 I think LA listens to offers at 5 and if they don't get what they want I think they take Nabors. Then would be interesting if NY would take McCarthy if he would be there at 6.

1. Williams
2. Daniels
3. Maye
4. Harrison

Cardinals want a kings ransom for pick 4 and if the top 3 QB's go off the board no one is giving up 3 1st to get JJ McCarthy.

After 4 I think LA listens to offers at 5 and if they don't get what they want I think they take Nabors. Then would be interesting if NY would take McCarthy if he would be there at 6.
McCarthy is a conundrum to me. I think he's good, I think he isn't. I see a little "Brady" in him, and I see a little Ryan Leaf in him. Maybe an enigma? Can't find the exact words to be honest, because he may be a huge wild card either as a solid player or a complete bust. I just don't know.

I do know one thing. I'd rather trade away a top 5 or 6 pick and let someone else have him, and stock pile picks for myself. I think he's too darned risky.

Hey! Perfect pick for Minnesota! Even if he did have talent, they could turn him into another vagabond 3rd stringer in Canada.

1. Williams
2. Daniels
3. Maye
4. Harrison

I've said it before, I'm not sold on Williams. If I was a Bears fan (thank god I'm not!), I would not be thinking that drafting him will completely fix all the QB issues Chicago has had for how many seasons . . .

I've said it before, I'm not sold on Williams. If I was a Bears fan (thank god I'm not!), I would not be thinking that drafting him will completely fix all the QB issues Chicago has had for how many seasons . . .
According to Bears fans they will once again run the north with Williams say they have with every other QB they draft. Lots of good crack for sale down in Chicago I guess.

According to Bears fans they will once again run the north with Williams say they have with every other QB they draft. Lots of good crack for sale down in Chicago I guess.
Williams has the potential to be great but his attitude plus the ineptitude of the Bears that has ruined so many QBs before him will lead to him being gone within 4 years….

Williams has the potential to be great but his attitude plus the ineptitude of the Bears that has ruined so many QBs before him will lead to him being gone within 4 years….
His attitude is one issue but that's something that can be handled, but once he's under pressure he makes poor decisions, poor throws or takes off, and runs. This is the "Bears' AND that OL? hide)

I guess I'll be a bit of a contrarian on Williams. I will say the same thing about him as I said about Love years ago - if you're going to take a chance on an imperfect QB, he is the type you take a chance on. Great arm, playmaking, all that stuff. That's what today's QBs need to do, in addition to just being able to read the field and know their own offense and where their answers are. There's no reason he can't be one of the top guys in the game after a few years. I think it's a non-brainer for Chicago to take him. But - and it's a big one - I also think it's a no-brainer to sit him for a year. Does Chicago have the organizational discipline to take care of and protect him that way?

Back