2024 Draft Thread

Though at 25 you are likely not getting anyone who is going to play RT. Guys like Barton and Guyton I have read have also been projected as RT or Guards. Do you maybe wait to 3rd round and take a project OT who could play OT like Rosegarten?
Rosegarten has his own set of issues.... might grab a guy like Morgan and or Barton who I think is good enough to play either side. Patrick Paul, OT, Houston and or Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame are two second-round guys that could turn into solid LT.

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia .....

another UGA guy I might pass on, if you take him he's an RT or Guard in the NFL.
I took him off my board the moment you said it. You see these guys at Georgia on a regular basis, and know what their weaknesses are. The red flags you through out here were too strong to ignore.

To be honest, I don't like either Mims or Cooper with those two picks.

I took him off my board the moment you said it. You see these guys at Georgia on a regular basis, and know what their weaknesses are. The red flags you through out here were too strong to ignore.

To be honest, I don't like either Mims or Cooper with those two picks.
Why don't you like Cooper? He's the top off the ball LB on most people's boards.

Why don't you like Cooper? He's the top off the ball LB on most people's boards.
It isn't I don't like him, I think he's going to be a good linebacker, and can play multiple positions. But, other good multi position linebackers are out there that you can get lower, and aren't that far behind Cooper in talent. In fact, they may be just as good. I like Payton Wilson, who is quicker than anyone else coming out, and has the same size as Cooper. I'd also consider Junior Colson, and he too could be grabbed lower.

But, that's just my opinion.

Was listening to a podcast this morning and one of the points that was brought up with regards to o-line is that Bob McGinn has Tanor Bortolini in his top-55, I only bring it up because Bortolini seems like a Packers "type". He's been talked about elsewhere in this thread as more of a 4-5th round guy at the earliest.

I still think those rounds make more sense for him but Bob has a decent track record and he quotes a couple of scouts saying he's a Rd 2-3 guy. I'm thinking if that happens he's not gonna be a Packer. Huge divergence of opinion though as PFF has him as draft prospect #212.

Was listening to a podcast this morning and one of the points that was brought up with regards to o-line is that Bob McGinn has Tanor Bortolini in his top-55, I only bring it up because Bortolini seems like a Packers "type". He's been talked about elsewhere in this thread as more of a 4-5th round guy at the earliest.

I still think those rounds make more sense for him but Bob has a decent track record and he quotes a couple of scouts saying he's a Rd 2-3 guy. I'm thinking if that happens he's not gonna be a Packer. Huge divergence of opinion though as PFF has him as draft prospect #212.
Yeah lot of Mocks I have seen Bortolini in the 4th-5th round in all of them. I would not take him at all in round 2 as 55 IMO is way to high.

In the 4th round, I'd take Bortolini in a heartbeat. In the 3rd round, I might even swing it with #88 or #91. I think he could end up as being an decent NFL player. Maybe not a perennial Pro Bowler, but good enough to hold down the fort when his turn came. He might need a year or so, to polish his game and prepare for that role.

This seems like a Gute draft. No huge names but you add some solid depth and guys who might not start year one but by year two or three several could be starting.

1712864111683.png

Back