2024 Draft Thread

Looking at the last 25 years of the 25th pick in the draft. No real superstars but some solid starters come of of the pick.

Looking at the last 25 years of the 25th pick in the draft. No real superstars but some solid starters come of of the pick.

I read somewhere that the team holding 25 has traded out of the spot for 7 years in a row

I read somewhere that the team holding 25 has traded out of the spot for 7 years in a row

Read that as well. Also have seen and read some credible trade scenarios for the Packers.
- team like the Seahawks who only has two picks in the top-100 might be interested in trading #16 for #25 & #58 (there are a couple of other teams like this - Dolphins and Saints come to mind)
- teams like Denver and Vegas might want to move into the back end of Rd1 for Penix or Nix if one is still there at #25

Read that as well. Also have seen and read some credible trade scenarios for the Packers.
- team like the Seahawks who only has two picks in the top-100 might be interested in trading #16 for #25 & #58 (there are a couple of other teams like this - Dolphins and Saints come to mind)
- teams like Denver and Vegas might want to move into the back end of Rd1 for Penix or Nix if one is still there at #25
The question you need to ask yourself is whether or not the guy you were looking at for #25 would or would not be available. Although it may see like a big jump up from 25 to 16, it kind of depends on who you have in mind as your pick. You need to ask yourself if that move up is worth giving up a top 60 pick to go with the 25. It would take someone really special being on the board for me to do that.

The question you need to ask yourself is whether or not the guy you were looking at for #25 would or would not be available. Although it may see like a big jump up from 25 to 16, it kind of depends on who you have in mind as your pick. You need to ask yourself if that move up is worth giving up a top 60 pick to go with the 25. It would take someone really special being on the board for me to do that.
I have seen a couple mocks were GB trades up to get Terrion Arnold who is often ranked the #2 CB in the draft.

Also if you could maybe get one of the top 3 OT's I would consider trade up for that.

I would not trade up for DeJean like I have see several people doing.

I have seen a couple mocks were GB trades up to get Terrion Arnold who is often ranked the #2 CB in the draft.

Also if you could maybe get one of the top 3 OT's I would consider trade up for that.

I would not trade up for DeJean like I have see several people doing.
I don't buy the hype that the Packers are going to take a CB. That's one of the best stocked positions on the roster. They have other needs that are far more important at this point.

But, that's just a guess on my part.

I don't buy the hype that the Packers are going to take a CB. That's one of the best stocked positions on the roster. They have other needs that are far more important at this point.

I don't know Alexander is paid a lot for up and down play. Stokes injury prone and in a contract year. The rest of the CB's on the roster are still unproven IMO and were late round/UDFA for a reason.

I don't know Alexander is paid a lot for up and down play. Stokes injury prone and in a contract year. The rest of the CB's on the roster are still unproven IMO and were late round/UDFA for a reason.
Valentine and Ballentine both showed promise this past year. They will improve even more. Right now, we have Johnson back there playing safety, and quite honestly that's not something that I want to see going in this year. It's a spot that must be shored up if this defense is going to work. On offense, we desperately need someone like a Barton who can be plugged into various positions. The depth on the offensive line is horrible. My question there is, when was the last time we went 8 games into the season without at least one change in the offensive line due to injury? Who would that player be on the existing roster?

My thoughts are based on how you do your utmost to field a team that's consistent. We have a lot of picks, a little later they can pick a CB, but early? I'd advise filling necessity first.

I agree they have other needs and that CB has numbers, but it's kind of a complex thing for the Packers. Biggest roster open spots are S, LB, and OL. There is no safety worth a first. There is no LB worth a first, IMO. When you get to #25 in most mocks the clean OT's are gone and you have guys like Barton and Morgan who might be guards, and guys like Mims and Guyton who are RT's with question marks.

The Packers seem to really like those high value positions in Rd 1 and none of the above fall into that group. CB seems OK at first glance, but you have Alexander who misses plenty of games and is a bit of a head case. You have Stokes who may never return to form and wasn't looking all that good in year 2 before he was injured. You have Nixon who is a nickel/slot corner only and a middle of the pack one at that. You have a promising youngster in Valentine and a guy who's just okay in Ballentine. Numbers, but also plenty of questions. If I can get a premium CB in Rd 1, I'd do it and use the other three Day 2 picks to add S, LB and OL.

I could be wrong. It very well could be that they stand pat and take a non-premium player at #25. They've done it before.

Reactions: TW
Back