2024 Badger Football Thread

After listening to all the excuses why they couldn't get recruits from Chryst for so long, this is a real tell as to how poor the system was being run. This is on Alvarez. He should have dumped Chryst before it got as bad as it did. He was too much into this "family thing."
You have to wonder how upset Alvarez is at the AD since he was part of the "family" and decided it was time to stop inbreding the program and move on.

You have to wonder how upset Alvarez is at the AD since he was part of the "family" and decided it was time to stop inbreding the program and move on.
I have a hunch Alvarez knew this was going to have to happen, but he just couldn't pull the trigger on coaches himself. Just a guess there, but it can be difficult when they've been part of your life for so long. I've always felt that the reason Lombardi left GB was because he knew Bengtson had to be fired and he just couldn't do it. Sometimes it's hard to make decisions when they are people close to you.

I have a hunch Alvarez knew this was going to have to happen, but he just couldn't pull the trigger on coaches himself. Just a guess there, but it can be difficult when they've been part of your life for so long. I've always felt that the reason Lombardi left GB was because he knew Bengtson had to be fired and he just couldn't do it. Sometimes it's hard to make decisions when they are people close to you.
I think Lombardi was more money then anything. I believe he was given ownership in the Redskins and this was something he could not turn down.

I think Lombardi was more money then anything. I believe he was given ownership in the Redskins and this was something he could not turn down.
I think that was a major factor. In fact, if I recall, he said that after going to Washington. He was unhappy about the NFLPA coming into existence.

Badgers land 3 Star Miami FL DE/DL Wilnerson Telemaque :

“Telemaque has a high motor, very high potential, and disruptive abilities on the end as an edge-setter, and in the backfield stopping the run.” #Badgers
Had a strong offer from West Virginia. Drawing interest from the U and Georgia Tech along with Minnesota and Akron.

3 star Edge Rusher, 215 Pounds, 6’5"
Scouting report>>

Developmental edge defender with a sprouting frame that can bend and redirect. Instant eye-catcher the winter before his 12th grade year at an Under Armour Next Camp outside of Orlando as he flashed both burst and agility. Only credited with three sacks as a junior, but footage from his senior spring game is very encouraging as he looks like a player that’s much more comfortable in his skin. First-step can cause plenty of issues for opposing tackles as he blasts out of a two-point stance and gets to work. Tends to find most success by hugging the ground and attacking the corner, but is also sudden enough to counter and dart inside. Should be viewed as a traits-heavy pass rusher that has a chance to emerge as an impact player at the Power Four level. Will likely need a few semesters to add some much-needed mass and get the body right, but could be utilized early on in collegiate career as a sub-package rusher.

Notice UW is getting kids with "power 5 and power 4" type mentions. Passing on Coach Joe from the local HS brother's nephew kid who knows someone at the Mendota club.

PS I fully expect a hissy fit from the WFCA crowd soon

Reactions: TW
Back