2024 Badger Football Thread

Notice UW is getting kids with "power 5 and power 4" type mentions. Passing on Coach Joe from the local HS brother's nephew kid who knows someone at the Mendota club.

PS I fully expect a hissy fit from the WFCA crowd soon
Well time for them to coach kids up to 4-5 star and not just roster filler status kids that the coaches want schools to take to pump up their program status.

Well time for them to coach kids up to 4-5 star and not just roster filler status kids that the coaches want schools to take to pump up their program status.
Agreed. But to do that you need to change the rules related to how much time the kids can actually participate in organized programs to develop into that level of strength and skill. Wisconsin still believes it's a fun thing that you do for 3 months a year, then forget all about it until next year.

In Texas, if you want to play football with the big boys, you are involved in football one way or another 12 months out of the year, from the time you're under 10 years old until they time you hit HS, and then you work at it even harder.

It's not as obvious in football as it is in baseball, because in baseball, the shortened playing season totally makes the difference in skill building.

Badgers have now taken three players from Florida, the most in any cycle since 2016.
For the moment, we lost a Cornerback - Stroud.

He had offers from  arguably more attractive programs, but switched to UCF. Probably just wanted to stay closer to home.

The lure of family and home is strong.

If he had flipped to one of the arguably more aattractive programs, I'd be a bit concerned. But, i think this is just a kid not ready to leave home.

For the moment, we lost a Cornerback - Stroud.

He had offers from  arguably more attractive programs, but switched to UCF. Probably just wanted to stay closer to home.

The lure of family and home is strong.

If he had flipped to one of the arguably more aattractive programs, I'd be a bit concerned. But, i think this is just a kid not ready to leave home.
With NIL etcthe flip-and-swing game is really not as big of a deal as it used to be honestly...... no worries

Looks like Schmidt could develop into a seriously good kicker and punter. He gets lots of loft on his FGs, and those 40+ yarders would be good for another 10 most of the time, from the sample they showed.

His punting seems to be pin point, not scattered around like a shot gun blast. His directional punts look pretty good. He's going to get better too, at the next level.

I think he could end up being the Badgers kicker and/or punter in a year or so. Looks promising.

Hardy Watts, a 6'-6", 290#, 4-star IOL, from Massachusetts has committed to UW. He had recently taken official visits to Michigan and Clemson as well as Wisconsin. He had a ton of power-4 offers.

Back