Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so far past all this drama. I don't give a damn what Rodgers says, the NFL says, or the Packers say. I'm not in the least bit curious as to what some peckerwood reporter out in Mumfukt Iowa "thinks" about it. I don't care what the overpaid talking heads on various networks say, to stir up more crap. I don't care what those who have chosen sides as pro-Rodgers, or anti-Rodgers say. It's all BS.

All that matters to me is that on Sunday, the Packers will be teeing it up against a tough KC Chiefs team in Arrowhead stadium, and I'm curious to see how well Love does as our QB.

To put it bluntly. I don't like soap operas.

But, that's just my opinion.

(Coming from a grumpy 81-year-old man who's seen so damned much over his lifetime that drama caused by overreaction doesn't move the needle for him any longer.)

Rodgers is sensitive and obviously concerned with his image. His word-smithing and sometimes passive-aggressive tone often irritated me. I also totally disagree with his stance on vaccination fwiw.

But I have to admit, I loved his response. (Especially the one leading into "Politics is a total sham.") Brutally honest, nothing to decipher. You got to see the real person behind the facade for a change.

I listened to local sports radio driving home. They crucified him. For very political reasons. A man of white privilege quoting MLK...How dare he?! Very heavy on how he can't have the opinion he has or be frustrated with the system because he's wealthy. It was a brutal takedown.

This is just a microcosm of culture today. Be careful what you say or share you opinion. Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. As Mark says, might have been best had he just STFU. I've been no Rodgers apologist, but for me I have to admit, it was refreshing to hear. Especially his statement about right and left - "I don't give a s*** about either of them."

I can't wait to hear Sir Charles take on this.

Couple of things
I might be in the minority here but Rodgers is not stupid. If anything he’s calculating and smart and the comment about not caring about the right or the left was a nice hedge. Remember he took advice from Joe Rogan

The organization needs to be on the hot seat for allowing him to “violate protocols”. They knew that rules , they knew the risk.

As to the organization Murphy has been a failure in this drama. It’s not up to ML to answer reporters questions about this nor is it Gute. Murphy runs the show and he has been silent. Unacceptable

I get the choice “debate” about the vax and as to general public yes but I believe in this case it’s an exception. We seem to hold pro athletes to a different standard on many topics. I’ve seen posts “let’s keep politics out of sports”. Well this is political. He also has an obligation that has paid him an obscene amount of money to win games and also an obligation as a leader in the locker room. If this team loses home field and cost guys money it on him.

I get the choice “debate” about the vax and as to general public yes but I believe in this case it’s an exception. We seem to hold pro athletes to a different standard on many topics. I’ve seen posts “let’s keep politics out of sports”. Well this is political. He also has an obligation that has paid him an obscene amount of money to win games and also an obligation as a leader in the locker room. If this team loses home field and cost guys money it on him.
I am afraid I have to disagree, it doesn't have to be political. I understand your viewpoint on pro athletes but frankly, they are employees in the entertainment business, the keyword is "employees" yes I know your CBA views but even that doesn't supersede a public health issue and the caselaw backs it.

It's way past time for the franchise to worry about him costing them anything, they chose that when they sold out in August. If this gamble doesn't bring a trophy then a bunch of folks in that FO lose big time.

I am with team Mark here, just SFU and play. Release a statement bh) but he came out and created extra drama because he could.

This argurments from Rodgers is just showing his typical narristic self. He is once again pretending to be the smartest man in the run trying to give facts that are not proven to be true and when shown he's in the wrong goes on the attack saying it's the woke mob after him. Well Aaron you have been part of that woke mob yourself so you can't go back and attack them when it's not working for you. The more Rodgers says on this the more it just burries him in the ground. His ego will not let him just shut up and move on. He has to fight like he was not in the wrong.

1) Holistic Homeopathic Hollywood Treatments are not considered a vaccine according to the NFL.
2) If you're not vaccinated you have to follow specific procedures to play in the NFL.

Rodgers admitted he followed most of them. Most is not all. He gave a big FU to his teammates.

I also wish he'd just shut up and do his time.

Rodgers admitted he followed most of them. Most is not all. He gave a big FU to his teammates.

I also wish he'd just shut up and do his time.
This is what I've said a million times, just keep him away form the post game or pre game presser. Put a new leader out there pre and post game.

This is what I've said a million times, just keep him away form the post game or pre game presser. Put a new leader out there pre and post game.
When you are the star of the team and one of the star's of the NFL media will expect you to talk.

When you are the star of the team and one of the star's of the NFL media will expect you to talk.
I get that and it's obvious that's what the NFL would like, but from my standpoint, don't put him out there. I, personally, don't need to hear him wax poetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back