Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about this, and to be honest, it's not that much but is there some intellectual dishonesty at play here? Is AR just pissed because he got found out? Was a perpetrator to the masses? I know his team and his teammates knew, but then why such the deception to the public? was he worried that he wouldn't look like he was following the masses on the vaccine front?

Again, I'm not anti vaxx. I believe it's individual rights but, the problem I have, albeit minor, is that AR has always tried to craft this perception of himself, with an air of superiority. That's just my perception and I'm not saying it's correct but he's always championed hot button issues where the masses have been with him. The current culture climate has been at the forefront, regardless of him trying to act like he's California cool and laid back.

Now, public sentiment has reared its head on him. My rambling point is that intellectual dishonesty, lying by omission, whatever you want to call it, is a real thing. I just think he's pissed because he got caught and now his persona is taking a hit and he doesn't like it.

The more I think about this, and to be honest, it's not that much but is there some intellectual dishonesty at play here? Is AR just pissed because he got found out? Was a perpetrator to the masses? I know his team and his teammates knew, but then why such the deception to the public? was he worried that he wouldn't look like he was following the masses on the vaccine front?

Again, I'm not anti vaxx. I believe it's individual rights but, the problem I have, albeit minor, is that AR has always tried to craft this perception of himself, with an air of superiority. That's just my perception and I'm not saying it's correct but he's always championed hot button issues where the masses have been with him. The current culture climate has been at the forefront, regardless of him trying to act like he's California cool and laid back.

Now, public sentiment has reared its head on him. My rambling point is that intellectual dishonesty, lying by omission, whatever you want to call it, is a real thing. I just think he's pissed because he got caught and now his persona is taking a hit and he doesn't like it.
I think that's a big part of it, Bud, he wants to play on his terms and his alone. Crazy question but would he get butt hurt enough to retire midseason?

I think that's a big part of it, Bud, he wants to play on his terms and his alone. Crazy question but would he get butt hurt enough to retire midseason?

I am amazed at what kind of outpouring this has garnered. He's getting pummeled in the media. I've seen some good comments but the majority has been hammering him. Me? I really don't care but when it starts to hurt the team, that's when it starts getting dicey. I'm still kind of puzzled as to why the team wasn't more proactive knowing his situation. They knew the rules, why didn't they follow them regardless of what it would have signaled seeing AR masked up on the sidelines or at the podium? Me thinks they were worried about ego, perception etc.

I am amazed at what kind of outpouring this has garnered. He's getting pummeled in the media. I've seen some good comments but the majority has been hammering him. Me? I really don't care but when it starts to hurt the team, that's when it starts getting dicey. I'm still kind of puzzled as to why the team wasn't more proactive knowing his situation. They knew the rules, why didn't they follow them regardless of what it would have signaled seeing AR masked up on the sidelines or at the podium? Me thinks they were worried about ego, perception etc.
They are coddling the prima donna, they did it for Favre too and it blew up. Our front office is really dumb sometimes.

Thing is this also hurts his trade value. Teams see this and know that Rodgers is a prick who plays under his own rules and teams interested in him will now think twice saying do we want to bring this into our team?

Thing is this also hurts his trade value. Teams see this and know that Rodgers is a prick who plays under his own rules and teams interested in him will now think twice saying do we want to bring this into our team?
If he walks away, it’s a mute point

Does not hurt it one bit. GB has tolerated his act because of talent for year and caved even this year. The NFL is a business and teams tolerate talent. There is a long list if problems out there that got a hall pass

I could see that. He could have let this pass with a no comment but every time he talks it's more crazy than the last. He's getting pummeled again and he hates anything less than "we worship you our savior".... not sure it will happen but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back