Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid I have to disagree, it doesn't have to be political. I understand your viewpoint on pro athletes but frankly, they are employees in the entertainment business, the keyword is "employees" yes I know your CBA views but even that doesn't supersede a public health issue and the caselaw backs it.

It's way past time for the franchise to worry about him costing them anything, they chose that when they sold out in August. If this gamble doesn't bring a trophy then a bunch of folks in that FO lose big time.
I wish it was not political but unfortunately it is. I digress.

Yes he is an employee, no disagreement there. But the employer in this case did not set the rule or policy. The league did and to make matters worse his employer, The Green Bay Packers empowered him to break protocol. If the league or his employer were so concerned about player safety and public health then show it

When you are the star of the team and one of the star's of the NFL media will expect you to talk.
And other teams have made non vaxed players available via Zoom. But the team refused protocol

I wish it was not political but unfortunately it is. I digress.

Yes he is an employee, no disagreement there. But the employer in this case did not set the rule or policy. The league did and to make matters worse his employer, The Green Bay Packers empowered him to break protocol. If the league or his employer were so concerned about player safety and public health then show it
Question is did NFL know he was not vaxed? I thought it was said Packers filed for Rodgers and did not use his name when asking for waiver for him. If not it's more on GB for letting Rodgers break protocol.

Question is did NFL know he was not vaxed? I thought it was said Packers filed for Rodgers and did not use his name when asking for waiver for him. If not it's more on GB for letting Rodgers break protocol.
They filed for alternative vax for an unknown player. I believe they all knew and since it was a league and team “face” it was tolerated.

Executives from other NFL teams question uneven COVID-19 protocol standards for Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay Packers:

Multiple coaches and front-office executives have complained that their teams apparently were held to different standards relating to COVID-19 protocols over the summer than the Green Bay Packers.

While the NFL instructed teams that unvaccinated players were required to wear masks along the sideline during preseason games, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers did not.

One team executive said he received a memo from the NFL about the COVID-19 protocols that read, in part: "Any such individual with bench area access who is not fully vaccinated except for active players shall be required to wear masks at all times. Unvaccinated inactive players must also wear masks."

One executive told ESPN: "That's B.S. ... What's going on in Green Bay, that's not what teams were told by the NFL. Our players wore masks all the time. We made our guys that weren't playing wear masks."
The NFL is investigating how the Packers handled COVID-19 protocols at their facility and around games. The league will be looking at video footage from inside the team's training facility to see that masks were being worn and protocols were being adhered to, according to an NFL spokesman.

The league also is looking into a Halloween party that multiple Packers players attended, including Rodgers, when they were seen on social media not wearing masks. The NFL has rules set up that only a certain number of players can be together outside of the team's training facility; the league believes a violation may have been committed.

Rodgers and the Packers are facing fines but no suspensions for potential protocol violations, according to a source.

Rodgers, who has been tested daily as part of NFL protocols for unvaccinated players, found out he contracted COVID-19 on Wednesday. He will miss Sunday's road game against the Kansas City Chiefs and must have a negative test to return to the team on Nov. 13.

On Friday, during an appearance on "The Pat McAfee Show," Rodgers said that an allergy to mRNA vaccines prevented him from receiving two of the three approved COVID-19 vaccines and that he did not feel comfortable getting the other because of reactions that he had heard about. The use of that vaccine was briefly suspended earlier this year.

Rodgers said he petitioned the NFL, the NFL Players Association and a jointly approved infectious disease expert to be considered vaccinated after he underwent a treatment designed to raise his immunity and therefore not have to follow protocols for unvaccinated players in team facilities and outside.

The quarterback told reporters in August that he was "immunized." Shortly thereafter, his petition was denied. He violated at least one of the protocols for unvaccinated players by regularly appearing at his news conferences without a mask.

Executives from other NFL teams question uneven COVID-19 protocol standards for Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay Packers:
I said the 31 other teams are going to demand Rodgers and teh GBP get punished sereve they are goint to want a high draft pic taken from GB.

I said the 31 other teams are going to demand Rodgers and teh GBP get punished sereve they are goint to want a high draft pic taken from GB.
No draft picks and no suspension are in the works is what I heard this morning, but multiple fines for the team and certain players. The dumbasses put their party on social media... all getting fined. Trick or treat you filthy animals!

No draft picks and no suspension are in the works is what I heard this morning, but multiple fines for the team and certain players. The dumbasses put their party on social media... all getting fined. Trick or treat you filthy animals!
Also GB also showed players boarding team plane no masks on each week including #12.

It's 100% pure ego with Rodgers he thinks rules don't apply to him and he can do whatever he wants since he's Lord Rodgers. IMO I think there is many teammates who are not happy with Rodgers and think they also look bad as part of the team now because of how Rodgers has selfishly handled this trying to put blame on everyone but himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back