Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought someone posted that reworked contract his base for 2022 will be $12.5 million
Never saw that, there was something about 2021 to open cap space but not sure how that works in structure.

This is really how we're going into the season, huh? Lame duck QB. Wonder how his teammates feel about that outside of Davante. We should have just moved on because if he doesn't want to be here, I sure as hell don't want to root for him anymore.

This is really how we're going into the season, huh? Lame duck QB. Wonder how his teammates feel about that outside of Davante. We should have just moved on because if he doesn't want to be here, I sure as hell don't want to root for him anymore.

I'm going to be a salty bitch about this. The whole situation has completely turned me off to Rodgers. Packers were at fault too, but I just can't root for this dude anymore. But come week 1 I'm sure I'll be right there cheering them on...

No. You never let an asset sit. You find a way to get some value back. You might hold your nose doing it but it’s a business
What if it's a guy like Watson though? You will never find as good of a QB as him to replace him with. At some point you got to think ok draft picks are nice but they are a gamble we have a proven product here already.

I'm going to be a salty bitch about this. The whole situation has completely turned me off to Rodgers. Packers were at fault too, but I just can't root for this dude anymore. But come week 1 I'm sure I'll be right there cheering them on...
I think you did a survey I am thinking it's like 70/30 with people blaming Rodgers more for this then GB.

We have no idea if (or at least how far) they bent to the wishes of one player here. At least I don't. Here's what I do know, though...

Rodgers is leaving in just a few more years no matter what. If he plays out his entire career here, that time is coming sooner rather than later anyway you slice it. And if he doesn't want to be here, I'm good with him not being here. I certainly don't want to hold the man hostage. I do want to get the best return possible and trading him right now, under duress, to a market of one team and one team only, just doesn't make sense to me. Also, and this is the biggest thing for me...

If... and I say IF... Jordan Love was, or is, worthy of the faith the organization put in him by way of trading up for him, I simply am not willing to sacrifice 15-20 years of Jordan Love for 3 more years of Aaron Rodgers.

What if it's a guy like Watson though? You will never find as good of a QB as him to replace him with. At some point you got to think ok draft picks are nice but they are a gamble we have a proven product here already.
The worst thing you can do is get nothing. And no just recouped cash or bonus does not help, you already get $300m a year before you turn the lights on. The most important thing in any negotiation or transaction is to know when to cut your losses and move on. Having a player sit for spite or principal helps nobody

The worst thing you can do is get nothing. And no just recouped cash or bonus does not help, you already get $300m a year before you turn the lights on. The most important thing in any negotiation or transaction is to know when to cut your losses and move on. Having a player sit for spite or principal helps nobody
I question how many 25-26 year old players will sit for spite and give up millions? I think you call their bluff they will play

We have no idea if (or at least how far) they bent to the wishes of one player here. At least I don't. Here's what I do know, though...

Rodgers is leaving in just a few more years no matter what. If he plays out his entire career here, that time is coming sooner rather than later anyway you slice it. And if he doesn't want to be here, I'm good with him not being here. I certainly don't want to hold the man hostage. I do want to get the best return possible and trading him right now, under duress, to a market of one team and one team only, just doesn't make sense to me. Also, and this is the biggest thing for me...

If... and I say IF... Jordan Love was, or is, worthy of the faith the organization put in him by way of trading up for him, I simply am not willing to sacrifice 15-20 years of Jordan Love for 3 more years of Aaron Rodgers.
I’m not convinced his value is greater of worse in 6 months. The gamble is injury and / or skill decline. And to me, the ongoing distraction does not help anyone.

I question how many 25-26 year old players will sit for spite and give up millions? I think you call their bluff they will play
Sorry that’s just bad business. Calling a bluff hurts the entire organization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back