Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wise man, Andrew Brandt once said deadlines spur actions. Something happened the last 24-48 hour that was forced by some line in the sand timeline. You just do not, in most cases bridge a gap that’s philosophical that fast. Just me and a guess, that the threat of retirement was real. And the timing of any retirement announcement during the shareholder meeting would have been a nuclear strike.

Rodgers and Dunn are smart enough to not burn bridges, he still wants to play and compete but he knows that won’t happen without the cooperation of the organization. And Murphy is not going to take a black eye on what is basically an organizational love fest. There was still a long runway for Rodgers to sit without many repercussions, the organization had a long runway to evaluate Love and give him full reps. Really a win win. So why compromise now? A deadline. Now factor in the Cobb talk and Rodgers put his cards on the table. Did both sides get what they wanted? That’s to yet be played out. But something changed the narrative and changed it fast

here was still a long runway for Rodgers to sit without many repercussions, the organization had a long runway to evaluate Love and give him full reps. Really a win win.

I've said my piece on the other stuff, but IMO the worst thing the team could do now is give Rodgers all the first team reps. He's there, fine, but it makes sense to act like he's not and let Love develop.

I've said my piece on the other stuff, but IMO the worst thing the team could do now is give Rodgers all the first team reps. He's there, fine, but it makes sense to act like he's not and let Love develop.
Agree with that not only to give Love the development but also keeps Rodgers out of the spotlight a bit. The focus changes.

MVP my ass...... I keep asking and you and others avoid.... How many SB in the past 10 years? Zero... go fish
yes, and you are smart enough to know that super bowl wins is not a qb stat. football is a team game. one man does not make a team.

So why even mention the "MVP" thing then ? ..... You just jumped into your own argument and stomped it.
one man can certainly have more value. he can make up for a lot of shortcomings. this again is something you must be acutely aware of as a coach. especially as a high school coach where you can sometimes end up with a kid that is "a man among boys" as my dear old dad used to say. i've been to many high school games that were just simply dominated by one player. but that one player still wasn't enough to win the game.

i mention the mvp thing because the context was that this bending to the wishes of one player was being made out to be the unleashing of power to the players in general. and it is not that in my opinion. any more than the power that was handed over to brady last year was. but there is a new mini-trend that players with over a decade of experience playing at a very high level maybe will get a few more concessions than other players. kind of like basketball and baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back