Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you just can't let the players run the team sign a contract then 1 year later decide I am going to throw a tantrum so I can leave. At some point you need to bend them over and spank them.
But ownership can sign a guy to a 5 year deal and cut bait on him in 3 years. In any business your reputation proceeds you. If you rule with an iron fist nobody wants to work for and your current staff is non productive because they are waiting for the hammer to fall. Why do you think some athletes won’t play for some organizations? Because of the way they are run. No different in this situation.

If this drama taught us anything, it’s that professional football is a business first and everything that comes with it a distant second. It’s about players wanting more control of their careers and ownership wanting control of the product. Players know they are commodities and owners treat them as such. Players know their careers are short term and owners know the next man up is waiting at the door. Fans will choose sides, but ultimately remain fans, buy tickets and merchandise and like other moments of drama this will all pass also
And why more and more people are dumping pro sports.... it's become the WWE. Just saying.

And why more and more people are dumping pro sports.... it's become the WWE. Just saying.
if it ever gets to the point that the league is controlling the outcomes of actual games (i know there are people who believe that is already happening), then yes - i would lose interest in professional sports very quickly. but it doesn't bother me at all that the biggest stars of a sport are given some minor say in the timeline of their career. in fact, i much prefer this to the entire sport being run strictly on the basis of net profit.

Actually yes. Players are commodities, your product and your assets. If it’s not working move them out and get assets in return.
Disagree top talent you just don't fold and give into you tell them well play for us or retire. 99% will play

But ownership can sign a guy to a 5 year deal and cut bait on him in 3 years. In any business your reputation proceeds you. If you rule with an iron fist nobody wants to work for and your current staff is non productive because they are waiting for the hammer to fall. Why do you think some athletes won’t play for some organizations? Because of the way they are run. No different in this situation.
But yet you can't be a doormat and let the players decide they can do whatever they want. Sign a 5 year deal and want out after 1 year? Nope that wont fly with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back