Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I question how many 25-26 year old players will sit for spite and give up millions? I think you call their bluff they will play
Players don’t sit for spite. They sit for principal knowing it’s their only leverage

Sorry that’s just bad business. Calling a bluff hurts the entire organization
Well you just can't let the players run the team sign a contract then 1 year later decide I am going to throw a tantrum so I can leave. At some point you need to bend them over and spank them.

Have there been any specifics released about this "deal" yet?

If Arod showed up Day 1 i'd imagine Gutey and Murphy bent over and asked "please sir can I have another?"

If this drama taught us anything, it’s that professional football is a business first and everything that comes with it a distant second. It’s about players wanting more control of their careers and ownership wanting control of the product. Players know they are commodities and owners treat them as such. Players know their careers are short term and owners know the next man up is waiting at the door. Fans will choose sides, but ultimately remain fans, buy tickets and merchandise and like other moments of drama this will all pass also

If this drama taught us anything, it’s that professional football is a business first and everything that comes with it a distant second. It’s about players wanting more control of their careers and ownership wanting control of the product. Players know they are commodities and owners treat them as such. Players know their careers are short term and owners know the next man up is waiting at the door. Fans will choose sides, but ultimately remain fans, buy tickets and merchandise and like other moments of drama this will all pass also
So teams should just fold and give in every time a player decide to throw a fit and want out?

Then you tell them screw their leverage play or retire and they won't retire at 25 years old.
Not going to sugar coat it. That’s a horrible business model. I would never run a business with a hammer and hell or the highway narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back